Velocity Reviews

-   -   Embedded code blocks in ASP.NET (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t526221-embedded-code-blocks-in-asp-net.html)

Corbs 08-01-2007 02:50 PM

Embedded code blocks in ASP.NET

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could help me with a small problem of mine.

I am loading a page in a Read-Only statement, and have the following public property declared 'public bool IsReadOnly' returning 'false' in my Page.cs.

In the Page.aspx, I am using the property as followed in a LinkButton :

<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton" BorderStyle="None" Enabled='<%# IsReadOnly%>' runat="server" />

Problem is that this only seem to be working inside a GridView / TemplateField. Whenever I use this property outside of a GridView, it is ignored. Only the GridView's LinkButton calls it.

Any idea why?

Thanks,
Corbs