Velocity Reviews

-   -   Linksys G3 Wireless router (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t525393-linksys-g3-wireless-router.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Qks=?= 07-28-2007 03:04 PM

Linksys G3 Wireless router

I have purchased and set up a Linksys G3 Wireless router. The only way I can
connect to the router is hard-wired. My husbands laptop is running VISTA and
connents without problem. I am XP SP 2+; What am I doing wrong?

Lem 07-28-2007 03:29 PM

Re: Linksys G3 Wireless router

BK wrote:
> I have purchased and set up a Linksys G3 Wireless router. The only way I can
> connect to the router is hard-wired. My husbands laptop is running VISTA and
> connents without problem. I am XP SP 2+; What am I doing wrong?

Sorry, my crystal ball is in the shop.

See http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Although the "How to compose your post" advice does say to be concise,
it doesn't mean to leave out all the details.

BTW, do you have a WRT54G3G-ST? Or is there something else that you are
referring to as a "Linksys G3"?

--
Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

=?Utf-8?B?Qks=?= 07-28-2007 04:02 PM

"Lem" wrote:

> BK wrote:
> > I have purchased and set up a Linksys G3 Wireless router. The only way I can
> > connect to the router is hard-wired. My husbands laptop is running VISTA and
> > connents without problem. I am XP SP 2+; What am I doing wrong?

> Sorry, my crystal ball is in the shop.
>
> See http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> Although the "How to compose your post" advice does say to be concise,
> it doesn't mean to leave out all the details.
>
> BTW, do you have a WRT54G3G-ST? Or is there something else that you are
> referring to as a "Linksys G3"?
>
> --
> Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

Sorry I was so brief. I have been accused of building a watch when asked
for the time. Yes the Linksys Router is WRT54G3G-ST. I have updated the
firmware to 2.009, which supports the PC 5750 datacard.

Lem 07-28-2007 04:15 PM

BK wrote:

> "Lem" wrote:
>
>> BK wrote:
>>> I have purchased and set up a Linksys G3 Wireless router. The only way I can
>>> connect to the router is hard-wired. My husbands laptop is running VISTA and
>>> connents without problem. I am XP SP 2+; What am I doing wrong?

>> Sorry, my crystal ball is in the shop.
>>
>> See http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> Although the "How to compose your post" advice does say to be concise,
>> it doesn't mean to leave out all the details.
>>
>> BTW, do you have a WRT54G3G-ST? Or is there something else that you are
>> referring to as a "Linksys G3"?
>>
>> --
>> Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking
>>
>> To the moon and back with 64 Kbits of RAM and 512 Kbits of ROM.

> Sorry I was so brief. I have been accused of building a watch when asked
> for the time. Yes the Linksys Router is WRT54G3G-ST. I have updated the
> firmware to 2.009, which supports the PC 5750 datacard.

Let's try for a sundial ;)

What did you do to "set up" the router and your computer?

What happens when you try to connect wirelessly?

Can you see your wireless network from a screen that looks like this:
http://screenshots.modemhelp.net/scr...ks/Index.shtml

This, from MVP Jack, may help: http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html

--
Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking