Velocity Reviews

-   -   Weekend DC rebuild (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t52539-weekend-dc-rebuild.html)

James 09-16-2005 08:34 PM

Weekend DC rebuild

Well this weekend I get to destroy (format) and rebuild our domain
controller/print server. Who thinks I will f*** it up?

I suppose the more I mess up, the longer it will take to rebuild, the longer
it takes the more overtime pay I get....hmmmmmm

MitchS 09-16-2005 08:52 PM

Re: Weekend DC rebuild

"James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message
> Well this weekend I get to destroy (format) and rebuild our domain
> controller/print server. Who thinks I will f*** it up?

Can't say for sure.

> I suppose the more I mess up, the longer it will take to rebuild, the
> longer it takes the more overtime pay I get....hmmmmmm

Or the quicker they outsource your job....hmmmmmm

--
Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
MCSA, A+, Net+, CCNA

Bill McPherson 09-16-2005 09:05 PM

Re: Weekend DC rebuild

Good luck, I'm sure it will go well.
Reminds me of the time one of our techs broke our PDC, File/Print, Backup
server the day before I setup our new backup server. The logistics of what
to restore first was mind numbing. 23 hours of OT - very nice.

MitchS 09-16-2005 09:21 PM

Re: Weekend DC rebuild

"Bill McPherson" <billmcpherson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> 23 hours of OT - very nice.

I hate to see those weekends. I am salary so I don't even get the thought
of overtime.
--
Mitch "Flat Rate" S.
MCSA, A+, Net+, CCNA

James 09-16-2005 09:50 PM

Re: Weekend DC rebuild

yup, my boss is on salary...strange how he doesn't want to come in to help
out....

James 09-16-2005 09:51 PM

Re: Weekend DC rebuild

They tried outsourcing before they hired me and had a really negative
experience with it :)

lowdes 09-16-2005 09:57 PM

Re: Weekend DC rebuild

I would milk them for all the overtime in the world :-)

m0rk 09-16-2005 10:53 PM

Re: Weekend DC rebuild

how much more of a negative experience are they in for now?

:o|

nanu nanu

James 09-16-2005 10:55 PM

Re: Weekend DC rebuild

well I've been here for 2 years now and haven't messed anything up yet :)

m0rk 09-16-2005 11:05 PM

Re: Weekend DC rebuild

well, not that they know of...

:o|

| well I've been here for 2 years now and haven't messed anything up yet :)
|
| "m0rk" <m0rk@gmail.com> wrote in message
| > how much more of a negative experience are they in for now?

| > :o|

| > nanu nanu
| >
| > "James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message
| > | They tried outsourcing before they hired me and had a really negative
| > | experience with it :)
| > |
| > | "MitchS" <imnot@home.now> wrote in message

| > |