Velocity Reviews

-   -   ASP.NET Validation Problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t525148-asp-net-validation-problem.html)

Kuldeep 07-27-2007 10:27 AM

ASP.NET Validation Problem

Framework: Visual Studio 2005
Technology: ASP.NET 2.0
Language: C#.NET 2.0

Hi All,

We have developed a Web Application on Visual Studio 2005 (ASP.NET 2.0) and
deployed it on the Client's Server.
[The Client's Server had ASP.NET 1.1 all these days. This is the first
application which will be deployed in their server which is built in ASP.NET
2.0]
Apparently, we have used a lot of ASP Validation Controls in our pages all
through out our application.

On the Test Server at our end, these Validation Controls are firing
precisely without even giving any problems at all.
But on the other hand, when we deploy the application on the Client's
Server, we have observed that the Validation Controls are not functioning
appropriately.

For Example,
1. Lets have a Required-Field-Validator for a TextBox
2. On the "Submit" button-click, the Validators are not firing and there is
a post-back even if the inputs are invalid.

Please let us know if there is anything that we are missing out on.

P.S: We have already followed all these instructions given below and nothing
has been fruitful so far.

1. The solution below does not have a clear logical explanation. However,
several programmers have claimed in blogs that this solution definitely
works.

(a) Open IIS Manager

(b) Select the virtual folder of OT_VSPE application.

(c) Right click and delete the virtual folder.

(d) Now create the virtual folder for OT_VSPE application again. After
creating the virtual folder, make sure to click the ASP.Net Version tab and
select the version as 2.0.

(e) Client side validation should now start working.

2. The second solution is given below:-

(a) Open a command prompt on the development server and change to the
directory where aspnet_regiis.exe exists
(b) Type: aspnet_regiis.exe - ea (this will remove all the client-side
validation that IIS has registered for all ASP versions installed)
(c) Now type : aspnet_regiis.exe -c (this will re-install the client-side
validation)

Any leads on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kuldeep

S. Justin Gengo 07-27-2007 01:25 PM

Re: ASP.NET Validation Problem

Kuldeep,

I suspect that you are somehow missing the aspnet_client folder from within
the website that is not working. Normally this folder containing all the
javascripts needed for the built in aspnet controls is installed on the
server under c:\inetpub\wwwroot

Depending on your website setup these scripts are probably not being found
depending on path setup, etc.

The easy solution, if this is the case, is to copy the aspnet_client folder
from your working environment directly into the website folder on the server
that isn't working.

Regards,

--
S. Justin Gengo, MCP
justin@aboutfortunate[-NoSpam-].com

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

Kuldeep 07-27-2007 02:23 PM

Re: ASP.NET Validation Problem

We have tried this too.. No luck as yet!
Any other leads on this??

Kuldeep

bruce barker 07-27-2007 03:42 PM

Re: ASP.NET Validation Problem

if you are using asp.net 2.0, there are no validation client files. they
are a resource in the asp.net dll via webresource.axd (which is not a
real page, but processed by the handler).

security is preventing access.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Kuldeep 07-30-2007 07:55 AM

Re: ASP.NET Validation Problem

Hi Bruce,

Sorry for my ignorance. Could you please let me know how exactly would I
know
that the security is preventing access when we look at the "Source of the
Page"?

Kuldeep

Kuldeep 08-02-2007 09:23 AM

Re: ASP.NET Validation Problem

Thank You Bruce.
Your lead actually helped us to solve the problem.