Velocity Reviews

-   -   Web Site deployment in asp.net 2.0, (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t524846-web-site-deployment-in-asp-net-2-0-a.html)

archana 07-26-2007 07:26 AM

Web Site deployment in asp.net 2.0,

Hi all,

I have developed web site which i developed in asp.net 2.0. I want to
deploy it on prodution server.

So here i need to copy all code behind files of aspx page which i
don't want. I want deployment to be exactly same as asp.net 1.1.
Means only aspx page with dll for all code behind file.

Can i do this in asp.net 2.0. Means i want to build dll for solution
in bin folder same as that of 1.1 framework.

Please help me asap.

thanks in advance.

Peter Bucher [MVP] 07-26-2007 07:44 AM

Re: Web Site deployment in asp.net 2.0,

Hello archana

> So here i need to copy all code behind files of aspx page which i
> don't want. I want deployment to be exactly same as asp.net 1.1.
> Means only aspx page with dll for all code behind file.
>
> Can i do this in asp.net 2.0. Means i want to build dll for solution
> in bin folder same as that of 1.1 framework.

Simply right click on your Project / Solution, an choose "Publish".
There are options to except the copy of the source code files.

--
Gruss, Peter Bucher

Masudur 07-26-2007 08:01 AM

Re: Web Site deployment in asp.net 2.0,

On Jul 26, 1:44 pm, "Peter Bucher [MVP]" <peter.buc...@aspnetzone.de>
wrote:
> Hello archana
>
> > So here i need to copy all code behind files of aspx page which i
> > don't want. I want deployment to be exactly same as asp.net 1.1.
> > Means only aspx page with dll for all code behind file.

> > Can i do this in asp.net 2.0. Means i want to build dll for solution
> > in bin folder same as that of 1.1 framework.

> Simply right click on your Project / Solution, an choose "Publish".
> There are options to except the copy of the source code files.
>
> --
> Gruss, Peter Bucher
> Microsoft MVP - Visual Developer ASP / ASP.NET, Switzerlandhttp://www.aspnetzone.de/- ASP.NET Zone, die ASP.NET Communityhttp://www.aspnetzone.de/blogs/peterbucher/- Auf den Spuren von .NET

Hi archana,

In addition to Peter Bucher's solution you can also use vs2005 web
application project template... i assume that you are using vs2005
website project template... in vs2005 web application project template
you got all the stuff you are familiar with asp.net 1.1
WebApplication. you can download it from
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/Aa336618.aspx

Thanks
Md. Masudur Rahman (Munna)
Kaz Software Ltd.
www.kaz.com.bd
http://munnacs.110mb.com

Mark Rae [MVP] 07-26-2007 08:36 AM

"Masudur" <munnacs@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1185436897.685264.190580@i38g2000prf.googlegr oups.com...

> In addition to Peter Bucher's solution you can also use vs2005 web
> application project template... i assume that you are using vs2005
> website project template... in vs2005 web application project template
> you got all the stuff you are familiar with asp.net 1.1
> WebApplication. you can download it from
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/Aa336618.aspx

Don't do this if you have installed SP1 for VS.NET 2005, as it's already
included...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

Brett Romero 08-01-2007 12:08 AM

On Jul 26, 12:26 am, archana <trialproduct2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have developed web site which i developed in asp.net 2.0. I want todeployit on prodution server.
>
> So here i need to copy all code behind files of aspx page which i
> don't want. I want deployment to be exactly same as asp.net 1.1.
> Means only aspx page with dll for all code behind file.
>
> Can i do this in asp.net 2.0. Means i want to build dll for solution
> in bin folder same as that of 1.1 framework.
>
> Please help me asap.
>
> thanks in advance.

Hi archana,

I created a program specifically for incremental deployments. You can
deploy aspx and dll files together. You can also select specific
files and filter our others. You can download a 30 day trial at
http://www.cygen.com/simpledeploy/

Kind regards,
Brett Romero