Velocity Reviews

-   -   Radius authentication (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t524730-radius-authentication.html)

boomboom999@yahoo.com 07-25-2007 05:40 PM

Radius authentication

Hi,

We would like to use MS IAS as a RADIUS server for a centralized
router management.

We were able to make it work perfectly in PAP mode but as this exposes
passwords we would like to use MS CHAP.

When we just switch to MS CHAP (on the router and IAS) the
authentication fails with AUTH_FAILURE. As there is no messages in
Active Directory logs we conclude that the real authentication has
never happened and the request has been rejected by IAS itself.

Has anyone been able to make it work with MS CHAP?
Do we need to activate reverse password encryption in Windows to make
it work?

Any advice will be appreciated

Gabriele Beltrame 07-25-2007 06:32 PM

Re: Radius authentication

<boomboom999@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:1185385233.785684.315070@19g2000hsx.googlegro ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone been able to make it work with MS CHAP?
> Do we need to activate reverse password encryption in Windows to make
> it work?

Hi,

Check your IAS and NAS configuration.
Reverisble password encryption is only necessary if you want to use "chap".
Use MS CHAP version 2 if possible.

Regards,
Gabriele