Velocity Reviews

-   -   Dynamically adding rows to table web server control (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t524495-dynamically-adding-rows-to-table-web-server-control.html)

Geary 07-24-2007 07:26 PM

Dynamically adding rows to table web server control

I am trying to programmatically add rows of data to a table web control
in VS2005. I am getting the data from 2 drop-down controls and 2
text-boxes. The code below is executed when I click on the "add"
button. The code is pretty much lifted from an example on MSDN.

Problem:

The first time I try to add a row, it works fine. But when I try to add
another row, it simply overwrites the first. I need to add new row
every time the user clicks the 'add' button.

--------------------------------

Protected Sub btnProdAdd_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles btnProdAdd.Click

Dim tr As New TableRow()

Dim cellGrade As New TableCell()
cellGrade.Text = cboGrade.SelectedValue.ToString
tr.Cells.Add(cellGrade)

Dim cellStrips As New TableCell()
cellStrips.Text = cboStrips.SelectedValue.ToString
tr.Cells.Add(cellStrips)

Dim cellYards As New TableCell()
cellYards.Text = txtYards.Text.ToString
tr.Cells.Add(cellYards)

Dim cellScrap As New TableCell()
cellScrap.Text = txtScrap.Text.ToString
tr.Cells.Add(cellScrap)

tblProd.Rows.Add(tr)

End Sub

bruce barker 07-24-2007 07:37 PM

Re: Dynamically adding rows to table web server control

your code needs to remember the rows it added on the last click, and
re-add them on the postback (say in oninit).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Geary 07-26-2007 01:03 PM

Re: Dynamically adding rows to table web server control

If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying that every time the
user triggers the code to add a new record to the table control, the
code has to re-add all of the existing records already in the table in
addition to the new one?

And this would be because of the statelessness of web apps?