Velocity Reviews

-   -   I need a C++ code style checker. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t524268-i-need-a-c-code-style-checker.html)

=?gb2312?B?zfW2rA==?= 07-24-2007 01:14 AM

I need a C++ code style checker.

I need a C++ code style checker. Which is the best choice? free or for
fee.

1983ddd@gmail.com 07-24-2007 06:18 AM

Re: I need a C++ code style checker.

On Jul 24, 9:14 am, <wangdo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need a C++ code style checker. Which is the best choice? free or for
> fee.

Why not saying CPP editor directly? Dev-C++ may be a good choice if
you are using Windows.

07-25-2007 06:03 AM

On Jul 24, 2:18 pm, "1983...@gmail.com" <1983...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 24, 9:14 am, <wangdo...@gmail.com> wrote:> I need a C++ code style checker. Which is the best choice? free or for
> > fee.

> Why not saying CPP editor directly? Dev-C++ may be a good choice if
> you are using Windows.

Checker is a editor? When i use Java, there's lots of tools.

Ondra Holub 07-25-2007 06:49 AM

On 24 ec, 03:14, <wangdo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need a C++ code style checker. Which is the best choice? free or for
> fee.

Which is the best choice? Of course this one, which fits best your
requirements :-)

I think you do not mean code formatting, it is easy with any good
editor and there are automatic formatters (for example astyle).

If you need more sophisticated checker, you should first of all turn
on all warnings (but be careful if you are using Microsoft compiler -
it produces many warnings on their own standard C++ library). Some
compilers may have other special flags.

You can compile your program with more compilers and on more
platforms, it helps to find some portability issues, but it is not
always possible.

You can make code review, but it is not automatic process.

As far as I know there is some checking from Parasoft, but it is not
cheap.