Velocity Reviews

-   -   mn-700 wireless base station (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t524015-mn-700-wireless-base-station.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Smlt?= 07-23-2007 02:10 AM

mn-700 wireless base station

How do connect the base station to my laptop if the ethernet port does not
work anymore. I currently have a laptop w/wireless pc card, mn-700 router,
and a desktop connected by modem. I also just bought a usb network adapter
and still have had no luck connecting to anything. I get the signal strength
but no connection.

Barb Bowman 07-23-2007 09:35 AM

Re: mn-700 wireless base station

what security is the MN700 using? have you configured security on
the USB wireless adapter? this is a little confusing as you mention
the laptop has a wireless pc card but that the ethernet stopped
working. what computer has what wireless NIC? which ethernet port is
not working?

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 07-23-2007 04:02 PM

Re: mn-700 wireless base station

Hi
If you can not connect to the base station with a wire and the Wireless does
not connect either.
You can try to Hard reset the device to default and try the Wireless again
(security is off), may be you would be lucky.
Otherwise new Wireless Routers can be found in the USA on sale for less than
$25.
Jack (MVP-Networking).