Velocity Reviews

-   -   Pix downgrade to 6.3 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t522648-pix-downgrade-to-6-3-a.html)

John Rennie 07-17-2007 03:57 PM

Pix downgrade to 6.3

Simple question I hope: I've just bought a Pix 515E and it has the 7.0 OS on
it. I want to downgrade to 6.3 so I can use PPTP. How/where do i get a copy of
6.3? Can I get a free downgrade or do I have to buy it? Also can I contact
Cisco directly or do I need to go through my dealer?

Thanks all,

John Rennie

John Rennie 07-19-2007 05:49 PM

Re: Pix downgrade to 6.3

If anyone's interested: contact your dealer who can get you the 6.3 image from
Cisco. NB the downgrade seems to remove or at least break the PDM so you will
need the PDM image as well. The downgrade and reinstalling the PDM is painless
and the Cisco guides are very good.

JR