Velocity Reviews

-   -   Refreshing Newsgroups (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t522633-refreshing-newsgroups.html)

SG 07-17-2007 03:02 PM

Refreshing Newsgroups

TB version 2.0.0.4 (20070604)

Is it just me, why it takes forever to refresh the newsgroups list? I
let it run for about 10 minutes and it still hasn't finished. It's only
running at 1.1kb, is it a bug or is there a setting toggle?

FYI: OE refreshes almost instantly, Agent does also, so it's not my
connection

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo 07-17-2007 04:22 PM

Re: Refreshing Newsgroups

SG wrote:
> TB version 2.0.0.4 (20070604)
>
> Is it just me, why it takes forever to refresh the newsgroups list? I
> let it run for about 10 minutes and it still hasn't finished. It's only
> running at 1.1kb, is it a bug or is there a setting toggle?
>

> FYI: OE refreshes almost instantly, Agent does also, so it's not my
> connection

I was going to say its the newsgroup server that does it.

Aido 07-19-2007 12:08 PM

Re: Refreshing Newsgroups

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> SG wrote:
>> TB version 2.0.0.4 (20070604)
>>
>> Is it just me, why it takes forever to refresh the newsgroups list? I
>> let it run for about 10 minutes and it still hasn't finished. It's
>> only running at 1.1kb, is it a bug or is there a setting toggle?
>>

>> FYI: OE refreshes almost instantly, Agent does also, so it's not my
>> connection

> I was going to say its the newsgroup server that does it.

I've just recently upgrade to TB 2.0.0.4 also, And I've noticed that I
can no longer right click on a news thread & click on the "update
thread" bit, As it's no longer there, The only way I've found for the
newsgroup I'm looking at to update is to goto another newsgroup & back.
Is this the way I have to go or is there a setting I'm missing?

Aido.

SG 07-19-2007 01:01 PM

Re: Refreshing Newsgroups

Aido wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> SG wrote:
>>> TB version 2.0.0.4 (20070604)
>>>
>>> Is it just me, why it takes forever to refresh the newsgroups list? I
>>> let it run for about 10 minutes and it still hasn't finished. It's
>>> only running at 1.1kb, is it a bug or is there a setting toggle?
>>>

>>> FYI: OE refreshes almost instantly, Agent does also, so it's not my
>>> connection

>> I was going to say its the newsgroup server that does it.

> I've just recently upgrade to TB 2.0.0.4 also, And I've noticed that I
> can no longer right click on a news thread & click on the "update
> thread" bit, As it's no longer there, The only way I've found for the
> newsgroup I'm looking at to update is to goto another newsgroup & back.
> Is this the way I have to go or is there a setting I'm missing?
>
> Aido.

click on "get mail" and it will retrieve the latest headers for that group