Velocity Reviews

-   -   Two nics, change access order in REGISTRY key?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t5224-two-nics-change-access-order-in-registry-key.html)

=?Utf-8?B?TWFjY2E3Nw==?= 12-20-2004 05:05 PM

Two nics, change access order in REGISTRY key??

Hi all,

i have two nics installed. i want my cable nic to be used first and then my
WIFI nic to be used, i know you can change the order in network connections
but it reverts on occassion., Where do i find this key in the reg and what do
i need to alter to ALWAYS have the cable nic as "default"? I am going to
script the needed chnages in kix to have less probs (i have 500 laptops with
same issue)

really appreciate ANY help.

TeVan 01-01-2005 08:32 PM

Re: Two nics, change access order in REGISTRY key??

I've had pretty good luck with setting an 'Interface metric' of 1 on the
preferred network, and higher value on the secondary network, such as 10 or
whatever. I think you can only go 99 though. I can't remember. This is in
addition to setting the order of access in Advanced Settings.

Don't get too excited if it doesn't work right away. Set it and leave it
alone for a day or two before deciding it doesn't work. Sometimes these
things mysteriously start working, hmmm...