Velocity Reviews

-   -   Renewing IP address (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t522114-renewing-ip-address.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Um9u?= 07-15-2007 05:46 PM

Renewing IP address

Recently downloaded another Wireless Network Manager then uninstalled it, now
my Wireless Network Connection 5 has Limited or no connectivity to Linksys
Wireless-G PCI. I restarted the Wireless Zero Configuration and set to
Automatic in services.msc but when I try to connect to my 2Wire router, it
says that I am connected but with limited or no connectivity. When I try to
Repair, I get a window that says "Windows could not finish repairing the
problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing you IP
address". This is a dead end for me. Can anyone help me re-establish my
wireless connection?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 07-15-2007 07:44 PM

Re: Renewing IP address

Hi
Make sure that the Uninstalled manger is really uninstalled and does not run
ant thing in the background.
These two utilities might help,
http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html#startup
Then follow this process, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

=?Utf-8?B?Um9u?= 07-16-2007 03:50 AM

Re: Renewing IP address

Jack, thanks for help. I tried the first link, downloaded and tried to
repair with each box checked, one at a time, but this failed to fix the
problem. Don't have time today to try the other link. Will update when I
do. Thanks again, Ron

Phillip Windell 07-17-2007 02:41 PM

Re: Renewing IP address

It just means your machine isn't getting an IP from DHCP. Make sure the
wireless system you connect to provides DHCP. If it happens to be a Linksys
box, then power cycle it,...sometimes they just stop giving out addresses
for no reason.

If nothing else, statically configure TCP/IP with setting compatible with
the network it is connecting to and verify everything else works, then
troubleshoot DHCP after that. If there is still trouble with static
addressing being used,..then fixing that will probably also fix the DHCP
issue.

Also having too weak of wireless signal or too low of signal quality can
cause trouble like this.

--
Phillip Windell
www.wandtv.com