Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re Reboot problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t522055-re-reboot-problem.html)

Deebrief 07-15-2007 01:23 PM

Re Reboot problem

Our internet provider has e mailed stating their speed has been increased
(Good as it was getting slower day/day) and says to incorporate this we need
to reboot both the PC and the router.

How do you do this !!!!!

Cheers

Dee

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?= 07-15-2007 01:41 PM

Re: Re Reboot problem

Deebrief wrote:
> Our internet provider has e mailed stating their speed has been increased
> (Good as it was getting slower day/day) and says to incorporate this we need
> to reboot both the PC and the router.
>
> How do you do this !!!!!

Turn off the router, usually a little rocker switch on the back. If not,
just unplug it. Then on the computer, click Start, then Turn Off
Computer. Then confirm you want to Restart. While computer is shutting
down and restarting, turn the router back on again.
--
And they say I don't nuttin about computers.

why? 07-15-2007 06:35 PM

Re: Re Reboot problem

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 13:23:25 GMT, Deebrief wrote:

>Our internet provider has e mailed stating their speed has been increased
>(Good as it was getting slower day/day) and says to incorporate this we need
>to reboot both the PC and the router.

Disconnect the power to the cablemodem for a few seconds, reconnect. CM
will reboot.

>How do you do this !!!!!

You have been following the huge speed rollout and the 1000's of posts
(in VM etc newsgroups) all about the upgrades and lack of speed and STM
issues?

>Cheers
>

>Dee

Me