Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wrapping text in a textbox (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t521515-wrapping-text-in-a-textbox.html)

slinky 07-12-2007 08:42 PM

Wrapping text in a textbox

I have a textbox for entries of rather long paragraphs of text on
an .aspx form developed in VB.net on Visual Web Developer Express.
What I can' figure out is how to get the text to wrap as the user is
typing once they get to the margins, just like happens automatically
when I type in this box. I looked at all the settings under properties
and couldn't find what I needed. Is there any VB code or HTML that I
can specify tis property? Thanks!

carion1 07-12-2007 09:20 PM

Re: Wrapping text in a textbox

Replace the carriage returns with '<br />' when you need to write the
text to the page.

David Wier 07-12-2007 10:10 PM

Re: Wrapping text in a textbox

** I believe he means, that he wants it to wrap, when doing the original
typing - when it gets to the boundary of the textbox, he doesn't want it to
scroll horizontally.

--
David Wier
MVP/ASPInsider

news:1184275210.082841.232780@o61g2000hsh.googlegr oups.com...

Mark Fitzpatrick 07-13-2007 02:06 AM

Re: Wrapping text in a textbox

Set the textmode to multiline. Textboxes by nature are single-line only.

--
Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick

news:1184272956.283844.324170@q75g2000hsh.googlegr oups.com...