Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   MCSE (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f25-mcse.html)
-   -   The Rev (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t52098-the-rev.html)

06-03-2005 01:16 AM

The Rev
 
I know you don't care, but I wanted to clarify. I walked away from my last
job because someone high up in the company "asked" me to use my position to
further unethical ends. This person was, prior to this, a trusted friend and
I didn't expect it. I humored him, but I left, disgusted. I have no respect
for that sort of thing, or a system that rewards it.

Microcephalic S. Bob
http://www.roblindman.com/ - now you know, and knowing is half the battle.




=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?= 06-03-2005 12:33 PM

Re: The Rev
 
<!-- Microcephalic S. Bob --> <? echo "The F-Word"; ?> <!-- Unorthodox
Interpretation --> wrote:
> I know you don't care, but I wanted to clarify. I walked away from my
> last job because someone high up in the company "asked" me to use my
> position to further unethical ends. This person was, prior to this, a
> trusted friend and I didn't expect it. I humored him, but I left,
> disgusted. I have no respect for that sort of thing, or a system that
> rewards it.


Now you've gone an piqued my curiosity...

Dirt. We want dirt.

--
Fris "Curiosity kill-filed the Catwalker" beeŽ, MCNGP #13

The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
http://www.mcngp.com

Certaholics
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/certaholics


The Rev [MCT] 06-03-2005 01:03 PM

Re: The Rev
 
You know only what you want to know. I think you'd be surprised by the truth
no and then. You do remind me of myself a little bit. I respect your need
and perseverance to be ethical, in fact I commend it.

As or your superior telling you to do things unethically; I've been there.
The last company I left (in 2004) was more than money issues. Come to find
out the President was a racist. I voiced my problem with that, because it
was circling in office email. I told him it wasn't his beliefs, but if we
ever had to print documents for a court case this would look bad. He told me
and another employee that it wasn't our place to tell him what to do, and
called us both anal for picking out the details. He then asked me for an
apology. I refused and left. Holding ones values close is an important
factor in becoming who you are. Just don't close your mid to the words of
another person.

As for me. I do choose to be optimistic. And no I don't believe I'm a slave,
and yes I am proud of my accomplishments , and my failures. I'm proud to say
I had a nearly million-dollar a year service consulting business. I proud of
the contracts I had with big businesses like Bank of America, US Airways,
Dell, Cingular, and the list continues.I'm also proud of the fact I ran this
business from the basement of my home with 3 full time employees not
including myself. I can't change the facts, I can't go back and stop events
of 9/11 from happening, which grounded parts and stopped the business form
happening, because companies were not worrying about repairing there servers
for a while. But I still hold no ill will. I do know life is nothing more
than a rat race to death, and the legacy I leave isn't for when I go, it's
for while I'm here.Ironic actually, I don't care what people think about me,
I am what I am and you accept me or you don't, but I do want to be as real
as I can while not worrying about stepping on toes, yet I do admittedly have
a disposition that sometimes might contradict that.

--
"The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44
I may sound arrogant at times, but that's only because I'm always right.

Memories fade but a Google search never forgets.
justafreak.com
..
"<!-- Microcephalic S. Bob --> <? echo "The F-Word"; ?> <!-- Unorthodox
Interpretation -->" <[~_~] { http://www.planetoftheheads.com/ - head first
into the future }> wrote in message
news:u5zj$m9ZFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I know you don't care, but I wanted to clarify. I walked away from my last
>job because someone high up in the company "asked" me to use my position to
>further unethical ends. This person was, prior to this, a trusted friend
>and I didn't expect it. I humored him, but I left, disgusted. I have no
>respect for that sort of thing, or a system that rewards it.
>
> Microcephalic S. Bob
> http://www.roblindman.com/ - now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
>
>
>




06-03-2005 07:26 PM

Re: The Rev
 

"The Rev [MCT]" <ireportbadpeople@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:utNppyDaFHA.3040@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> You know only what you want to know.


Unfortunately, I know the opposite. I know too many things I'd rather not
know. I'm uncertain as to whether that's my fault or not.

> I think you'd be surprised by the truth no and then. You do remind me of
> myself a little bit. I respect your need and perseverance to be ethical,
> in fact I commend it.


Unfortunately, the truth is all I see. I'd like to hide from it the way
other people seem to. Not my choice.

There is no real me.

> As or your superior telling you to do things unethically; I've been there.
> The last company I left (in 2004) was more than money issues. Come to find
> out the President was a racist. I voiced my problem with that, because it
> was circling in office email. I told him it wasn't his beliefs, but if we
> ever had to print documents for a court case this would look bad. He told
> me and another employee that it wasn't our place to tell him what to do,
> and called us both anal for picking out the details. He then asked me for
> an apology. I refused and left. Holding ones values close is an important
> factor in becoming who you are. Just don't close your mid to the words of
> another person.


The notion of tolerance is a grandiose one, but a failed experiment among
humans. There will always be people who don't like this particular
stereotype or that one. And there will always be people who, while they hate
the notion of stereotypes, do everything they can to fall into stereotypes.
These folks will tell you on one hand that it's wrong to dislike people of a
particular 'type', and then will go ahead and tell you why the 'type' they
are is better. Trying to force all of these different kinds of people
together and expecting them to get along is a recipe for disaster.

Values are something we discard when we find it to our benefit to do
otherwise, and we stand behind when we find it to our benefit to do so. Our
opinions and our values fluctuate so frequently because all of our premises
and notions are abstractions of the whole picture, and we must decide which
portion of the whole picture we wish to see at any given point in time.

The words of other people are going to describe the categories of their
experiences, which formed their opinions, expectations, emotions, and
perceptions. These opinions, expectations, emotions, and perceptions will
fluctuate based on the current need of the individual expressing them, and
should only be considered a series of noise to be filtered out. This allows
the preservation of one's sanity and individuality in a world that wants to
destroy both.

> As for me. I do choose to be optimistic. And no I don't believe I'm a
> slave, and yes I am proud of my accomplishments , and my failures. I'm
> proud to say I had a nearly million-dollar a year service consulting
> business. I proud of the contracts I had with big businesses like Bank of
> America, US Airways, Dell, Cingular, and the list continues.I'm also proud
> of the fact I ran this business from the basement of my home with 3 full
> time employees not including myself. I can't change the facts, I can't go
> back and stop events of 9/11 from happening, which grounded parts and
> stopped the business form happening, because companies were not worrying
> about repairing there servers for a while.


With reference to slavery... Try to make it through a day without doing
something because the world demands you do it. Then, you'll understand what
I mean. Try to do a task the right way, taking your time, without getting
interrupted or pushed to go faster and make mistakes.

A note for next time... Have default clauses in the contract that state that
in the event the customer fails to live up to the requirements of the
contract, there's a cash settlement. Of course, anything that works in your
favor will be cause for dispute, so pad up a few other items that will be in
your favor that can get killed off in the negotiation.

Criminals or slaves...

> But I still hold no ill will. I do know life is nothing more than a rat
> race to death, and the legacy I leave isn't for when I go, it's for while
> I'm here.


Not to dismiss your accomplishments or your life, but to me, the notion of a
'legacy' is the same as the notion of a 'fallacy'. If you do a lot in life,
you might get a crypt, if you do little, they might burn you to ashes and
you get an urn. Can't tell that there's a difference on a planet of people.
Best to do nothing. Fewer regrets and fewer people suffer.

> Ironic actually, I don't care what people think about me, I am what I am
> and you accept me or you don't, but I do want to be as real as I can while
> not worrying about stepping on toes, yet I do admittedly have a
> disposition that sometimes might contradict that.


It's simply a question of balance. How can you be yourself the way you want
to be, and how can you be a part of the world, the way the world wants you
to be?


Microcephalic S. Bob



06-03-2005 07:28 PM

Re: The Rev
 

"FrisbeeŽ" <billLASTINIT@dasi-software.com> wrote in message
news:O0aZshDaFHA.2308@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Now you've gone an piqued my curiosity...
>
> Dirt. We want dirt.


Sensitive subject and one best not breached in public. I made my decision.
Walked away from a lot of paper. Preserved my soul.

Microcephalic S. Bob




CBIC 06-03-2005 07:40 PM

Re: The Rev
 
<!-- Microcephalic S. Bob --> <? echo "The F-Word"; ?> <!-- Unorthodox
Interpretation --> wrote:
> "FrisbeeŽ" <billLASTINIT@dasi-software.com> wrote in message
> news:O0aZshDaFHA.2308@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Now you've gone an piqued my curiosity...
>>
>> Dirt. We want dirt.

>
> Sensitive subject and one best not breached in public. I made my
> decision. Walked away from a lot of paper. Preserved my soul.
>


Big mistake. With enough money you could have bought a new and better soul.
--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38
www.mcngp.com knocked up your sister.
Don't forget to send spam to spam.thisbiotch@gmail.com




CBIC 06-03-2005 07:45 PM

Re: The Rev
 

> It's simply a question of balance. How can you be yourself the way
> you want to be, and how can you be a part of the world, the way the
> world wants you to be?
>
>


It seems to me that you guys focus your lives way too much on work. Being a
"computer guy" is what I do not who I am. Do yourselves a favor and leave
early today, get drunk and get laid.
--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38
www.mcngp.com knocked up your sister.
Don't forget to send spam to spam.thisbiotch@gmail.com




Jtyc 06-03-2005 07:55 PM

Re: The Rev
 
> It seems to me that you guys focus your lives way too much on work. Being
a
> "computer guy" is what I do not who I am. Do yourselves a favor and leave
> early today, get drunk and get laid.


I concur.





=?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?= 06-03-2005 08:16 PM

Re: The Rev
 
Bob, It seems to be that you are hell bent on some kind of depression or
something. Let me say something that will ease your soul: Living is not
worth it. Headaches and troubles for the rest of your life. If you do not
want to have a miserable life... then JUMP.
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
Ok... if you have hung around this long... then I have a bit of different
advice for you. SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT YOUR WHINING!!!! Nobody here
gives a damn if you walked away from your job, got fired, or were imprisoned.
We don't care!!! There are a millions of people out there that are worse
off than you... And UNTIL you are the one person on Earth that has it worse
than everybody else... take it elsewhere!!!


meanoldman 06-03-2005 08:33 PM

Re: The Rev
 
Exactly. I do my job and go home.

--
__________________________________________
meanoldman MCNGP #1 - God's gift to IT newsgroups



"CBIC" <spam.thisbiotch@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ANqdnb4Iz_SiLj3fRVn-uQ@prairiewave.com...
>
>> It's simply a question of balance. How can you be yourself the way
>> you want to be, and how can you be a part of the world, the way the
>> world wants you to be?
>>
>>

>
> It seems to me that you guys focus your lives way too much on work. Being
> a "computer guy" is what I do not who I am. Do yourselves a favor and
> leave early today, get drunk and get laid.
> --
> aka
> Doom MCNGP #38
> www.mcngp.com knocked up your sister.
> Don't forget to send spam to spam.thisbiotch@gmail.com
>
>
>





All times are GMT. The time now is 03:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.