Velocity Reviews

-   -   Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server OR Microsoft SQL Server 2000 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t52097-microsoft-exchange-2000-server-or-microsoft-sql-server-2000-a.html)

Sam 06-02-2005 08:15 PM

Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server OR Microsoft SQL Server 2000

Which Elective Exams should i take? I am trying to decide between one
of the following.

(1) Exam 70-224: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft
Exchange 2000 Server

(2) Exam 70-228: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft
SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition

I have work experience with AD, GPO, Managing Windows 2000 Network But
no experience with Exchange OR SQL.

Thanks for your help.

Ben Smith 06-02-2005 08:38 PM

Re: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server OR Microsoft SQL Server 2000

In article <1117743334.458652.310220@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups .com>,
smartboy123us@yahoo.com says...
> Which Elective Exams should i take? I am trying to decide between one
> of the following.
>
> (1) Exam 70-224: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft
> Exchange 2000 Server
>
> (2) Exam 70-228: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft
> SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
>
> I have work experience with AD, GPO, Managing Windows 2000 Network But
> no experience with Exchange OR SQL.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Which one will be more useful to you?

Sam 06-02-2005 08:50 PM

Re: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server OR Microsoft SQL Server 2000

Million dollar question is!!!!

Which one will be more useful to my next employer!!!!! :)

Jtyc 06-02-2005 09:19 PM

Re: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server OR Microsoft SQL Server 2000

> Which one will be more useful to my next employer!!!!! :)

Which area are you more interested in? I wouldn't take them until you build
your own Exchange and/or SQL boxes and mess with them. No point in testing
if you've never touched them before.

Ben Smith 06-02-2005 10:23 PM

Re: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server OR Microsoft SQL Server 2000

In article <1117745439.908986.125380@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups .com>,
smartboy123us@yahoo.com says...
> Million dollar question is!!!!
>
> Which one will be more useful to my next employer!!!!! :)

Then my answer it neither, but you are running into a chicken and egg
problem now.

The Rev [MCT] 06-03-2005 01:26 PM

Re: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server OR Microsoft SQL Server 2000

No doubt. The last time I tried to stuff an egg in a chicken.......... No
wait that's not what you were talking about was it. Yeah..um, nevermind.

--
"The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

justafreak.com
..
news:MPG.1d0926b9b6b33cda989789@msnews.microsoft.c om...

Sam 06-03-2005 04:25 PM

Re: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server OR Microsoft SQL Server 2000

Well I need to get MCSE, so i have to take one of this elective. I will
build my own Exchange OR SQL server box, once i decide which one i am
going to take. I am not saying i will be expert after taking exam, but
it will give me some knowledge. Well the question comes down to which
one would be more helpful in the future jobs.

Thanks

Kat 06-03-2005 04:27 PM

Re: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server OR Microsoft SQL Server 2000

Send pics please

--
Kat
MCNGP # 29, MCDBA # ? of Millions

What woud you do for a Kit Kat bar?

Sam 06-03-2005 04:41 PM

Re: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server OR Microsoft SQL Server 2000

u got any solutions?????

JaR 06-03-2005 05:16 PM

Re: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server OR Microsoft SQL Server 2000

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Sam expostulated for all the world to
hear;

> u got any solutions?????

I've got some extra "y"s and "o"s lying around. Would you like to borrow
some?

The point they are trying to get across is, without experience to back up
the cert, neither is going to make much of a difference. Both are probably
about equal as far as value after the fact. That is why you were told to
pick the one you are most interested/capable in.

--
JaR
Thug 10110