Velocity Reviews

-   -   WlanSetProfile...how to create an adhoc connection (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t520519-wlansetprofile-how-to-create-an-adhoc-connection.html)

Arsalan Ahmad 07-09-2007 07:58 AM

WlanSetProfile...how to create an adhoc connection

Hi all,

I am trying to create an adhoc connection between two computers running
vista.

For this i am creating a custom profile and then tryint to set the profile
using WlanSetProfile() API. The xml is given below:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
- <WLANProfile xmlns="http://www.microsoft.com/networking/WLAN/profile/v1">
<name>NetTest1-adhoc</name>
- <SSIDConfig>
- <SSID>
<name>NetTest1</name>
</SSID>
</SSIDConfig>
<connectionType>IBSS</connectionType>
- <MSM>
- <security>
- <sharedKey>
<protected>FALSE</protected>
<keyType>passPhrase</keyType>
<keyMaterial>0896745231</keyMaterial>
</sharedKey>
- <authEncryption>
<authentication>open</authentication>
<encryption>WEP</encryption>
</authEncryption>
</security>
</MSM>
</WLANProfile>

However, I am getting error with error code
WLAN_REASON_CODE_INVALID_PROFILE_SCHEMA.

Could any one please tell me what am I missing here?

I want to create a network with open or shared authentication and WEP
encryption.

Thanks,

Arsalan

Arsalan Ahmad 07-09-2007 08:03 AM

Re: WlanSetProfile...how to create an adhoc connection

What I have observed that if i remove sharedKey and change encryption from
WEP to none then the function returns successfully.