Velocity Reviews

-   -   Is DSL Lite any good? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t519955-is-dsl-lite-any-good.html)

jmDesktop 07-06-2007 02:19 AM

Is DSL Lite any good?

I was thinking about getting DSL lite (13x times dialup) and dumping
my cable modem. I know cable is faster, but...

I surf online
I administer web sites and sometimes build them, back them up (15MB
plus files, at times.)

Just wanted feedback. It's almost $25 cheaper than my cable modem.
Thanks.

JD Cantafio 07-06-2007 02:56 AM

Re: Is DSL Lite any good?

jmDesktop wrote:

> I was thinking about getting DSL lite (13x times dialup) and dumping
> my cable modem. I know cable is faster, but...
>
> I surf online
> I administer web sites and sometimes build them, back them up (15MB
> plus files, at times.)
>
> Just wanted feedback. It's almost $25 cheaper than my cable modem.
> Thanks.

The Lite versions of xDSL and cable which I've seen are pretty darn slow
compared to even 3Mbit service.

Call Comcast sales and see if they happen to have any current
promotions.

Also see http://broadbandoffers.com/

Mike Easter 07-06-2007 03:17 AM

Re: Is DSL Lite any good?

jmDesktop wrote:
> I was thinking about getting DSL lite (

> It's almost $25 cheaper than my cable modem.

Once you are spoiled to online connectivity speed, it is hard to imagine
how bad slow is and what 83 a day is really worth and what it isn't.

There are some quantum leaps in life. Connectivity is either fast
enough or it isn't. During the innumerable painful instants which
happen countless times per day during which you are briefly thinking
during those many instants, "It isn't fast enough." it is like so many
water torture drops dripping on your forehead in the torture chamber.

But, then, if you haven't been in the Chinese Water Torture insanity
treatment yet, then you don't know what it is like.

Or you can pay your 83 a day for the chamber's freedom. Your choice.

--
Mike Easter