Velocity Reviews

-   -   Problem with rs232 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t519766-problem-with-rs232.html)

j.aloussi@googlemail.com 07-05-2007 10:01 AM

Problem with rs232

Hello,

I am developing a serial-communication application for a pocket-PC and
a PC.

I am trying to make a serial-port connection via Bluetooth. All goes
well: Bluetooth connection and COM ports starting at both sides.

The problem is by sending Data via the COM port.
For example whenn I send: "Foo Data to send". I receive at the other
side: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." where the "." Are 0s (ascii) (cheked in
debuging).

The bug is in the COM port communication because I minitored the COM
port in the PC during a sending operation and it sends the wrong
Data: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." for "Foo Data to send"

I am using Visual Studio 2005 on the PC side and developing with C++.

Have you had the same problem once?

thanks

Zara 07-05-2007 10:18 AM

[OT] Re: Problem with rs232

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 03:01:35 -0700, j.aloussi@googlemail.com wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am developing a serial-communication application for a pocket-PC and
>a PC.
>
>I am trying to make a serial-port connection via Bluetooth. All goes
>well: Bluetooth connection and COM ports starting at both sides.
>
>The problem is by sending Data via the COM port.
>For example whenn I send: "Foo Data to send". I receive at the other
>side: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." where the "." Are 0s (ascii) (cheked in
>debuging).
>
>The bug is in the COM port communication because I minitored the COM
>port in the PC during a sending operation and it sends the wrong
>Data: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." for "Foo Data to send"
>
>I am using Visual Studio 2005 on the PC side and developing with C++.
>
>Have you had the same problem once?
>
>thanks

This is pretty specifical to the compiler and operating system you are
using.

(BTW: Try to send non-Unicode strings)

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?= 07-05-2007 10:19 AM

Re: Problem with rs232

On 2007-07-05 12:01, j.aloussi@googlemail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am developing a serial-communication application for a pocket-PC and
> a PC.
>
> I am trying to make a serial-port connection via Bluetooth. All goes
> well: Bluetooth connection and COM ports starting at both sides.
>
> The problem is by sending Data via the COM port.
> For example whenn I send: "Foo Data to send". I receive at the other
> side: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." where the "." Are 0s (ascii) (cheked in
> debuging).
>
> The bug is in the COM port communication because I minitored the COM
> port in the PC during a sending operation and it sends the wrong
> Data: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." for "Foo Data to send"
>
> I am using Visual Studio 2005 on the PC side and developing with C++.
>
> Have you had the same problem once?

And your C++ question is? This kind of question is probably better
answered in a group for windows system programming, try one in the
microsoft.public.* hierarchy.

--
Erik Wikström

FabioAng 07-05-2007 12:40 PM

Re: Problem with rs232

<j.aloussi@googlemail.com> wrote in message
news:1183629695.924711.208560@m36g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> I am developing a serial-communication application for a pocket-PC and
> a PC.
>
> I am trying to make a serial-port connection via Bluetooth. All goes
> well: Bluetooth connection and COM ports starting at both sides.
>
> The problem is by sending Data via the COM port.
> For example whenn I send: "Foo Data to send". I receive at the other
> side: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." where the "." Are 0s (ascii) (cheked in
> debuging).

Are your compiling in Unicode ? In other words are you sending char or
wchar_t ?

Fabio

j.aloussi@googlemail.com 07-05-2007 02:04 PM

Re: Problem with rs232

On 5 Jul., 14:40, "FabioAng" <fabioangNOS...@libero.it> wrote:
> <j.alou...@googlemail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1183629695.924711.208560@m36g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...> Hello,
>
> > I am developing a serial-communication application for a pocket-PC and
> > a PC.

> > I am trying to make a serial-port connection via Bluetooth. All goes
> > well: Bluetooth connection and COM ports starting at both sides.

> > The problem is by sending Data via the COM port.
> > For example whenn I send: "Foo Data to send". I receive at the other
> > side: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." where the "." Are 0s (ascii) (cheked in
> > debuging).

> Are your compiling in Unicode ? In other words are you sending char or
> wchar_t ?
>
> Fabio

Yes I am compiling with Unicode(Windows CE doesn't support
Multibyte!).

I solve the problem using W2A in the Pocket-PC with unicode and
Multibytechar in the PC application.

thanks for your help