Velocity Reviews

-   -   How can Administrator change the Password of existing User, without knowing his Old Password in Administer Security Tool ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t519083-how-can-administrator-change-the-password-of-existing-user-without-knowing-his-old-password-in-administer-security-tool.html)

Luqman 07-02-2007 01:31 PM

How can Administrator change the Password of existing User, without knowing his Old Password in Administer Security Tool ?

How can Administrator change the Password of existing User, without knowing
his Old Password in Administer Security Tool ?

One user has forgot his password, and Administer wants to refresh it.

Best Regards,

Luqman

Mark Rae 07-02-2007 01:39 PM

Re: How can Administrator change the Password of existing User, without knowing his Old Password in Administer Security Tool ?

"Luqman" <pearlsoft@cyber.net.pk> wrote in message

> How can Administrator change the Password of existing User

Are you using ActiveDirectory...?

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

Luqman 07-02-2007 01:47 PM

Re: How can Administrator change the Password of existing User, without knowing his Old Password in Administer Security Tool ?

Dear Mark,

I am using Sql Membership Provider.

Best Regards,

Luqman

Riki 07-02-2007 02:33 PM

Luqman wrote:
> How can Administrator change the Password of existing User, without
> knowing his Old Password in Administer Security Tool ?
>
> One user has forgot his password, and Administer wants to refresh it.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Luqman

First reset it, then change it.

Be aware that the user may get an e-mail about these operations.

--

Riki

luqman 07-03-2007 07:36 AM

Re: How can Administrator change the Password of existing User, without knowing his Old Password in Administer Security Tool ?

Hi,

How can I reset the Password ?

I did not find any option of resetting Password in ASP.Net Web Site
Administration Tool, please advise.

Best Regards,

Luqman

Riki 07-12-2007 09:29 AM

luqman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I reset the Password ?
>
> I did not find any option of resetting Password in ASP.Net Web Site
> Administration Tool, please advise.

In VB.NET:

Protected Sub ResetPassword(ByVal username As String)
Dim msUser As MembershipUser = Membership.GetUser(username)
Dim strTempPW As String = msUser.ResetPassword("test")
msUser.ChangePassword(strTempPW, "newpassword")
End Sub

--

Riki