Velocity Reviews

-   -   HttpWebRequest Post with ClientCertificates working in Debug and VS, but not working in IIS (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t518592-httpwebrequest-post-with-clientcertificates-working-in-debug-and-vs-but-not-working-in-iis.html)

calebmeii@gmail.com 06-29-2007 04:55 PM

HttpWebRequest Post with ClientCertificates working in Debug and VS, but not working in IIS

Hi,

Anyone's help is really appreciated!

VS05 with .net 2.0, on Windows XP/2003 IIS 5/6, on ASP,

When post a HttpWebRequest with client ceritificate

X509Certificate cert =
X509Certificate.CreateFromCertFile(certFile);

Response.Write("Loaded cert: " + cert.GetName() + ": " +
cert.GetIssuerName() + ", Hash:" + cert.GetCertHashString());

HttpWebRequest objRequest =
(HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(url);

objRequest.ClientCertificates.Add(cert);

It works well in C# windows program, or ASP.net. In ASP.net, when it
is in debug mode, it works.

However, when I put the aspx into wwwroot, then the client certificate
is not being sent along with the request. Given that I have printed
out the cert info, and multiple attempts on permission, it seems like
HTTPWebRequest is not sending the client certificate.

Anyone has similar issue? Any tools that can assist me to troubleshoot
the issue?

Really appreciated!

Cheers,
Calebmei