Velocity Reviews

-   -   major display problems - help needed!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t518546-major-display-problems-help-needed.html)

=?Utf-8?B?c3Rl?= 06-29-2007 12:44 PM

major display problems - help needed!!

hello,

i have massive display issues on my xp64 machine. when using 3dsmax8 and
after effects i get all kinds of madness. My menu bars disappear, drop downs
open up then vanish until i roll over them and even then only the element i
have rolled over re-appears.
i also get popup message windows disapearing and in after effects 7 all the
docked tool bars shudder and shake randomly, rendering it pretty much
impossible to use unless i undock every window.
I have tried swapping graphics cards, repair re-installing XP, changing
monitors and updating all NVidia drivers to no avail!! ( I have a Quadro FX
3400/4400)

Has anyone else come across this at all? is it likely to be software or
hardware issue? as its not a gfx card issue what can it be ?

i have had nothing but trouble with xp64 and am really not keen to upgrade
to vista as a result.

hELP!!