Velocity Reviews

-   Microsoft Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f24-microsoft-certification.html)
-   -   MCSA not on same track as MCSA-Exchange? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t518468-mcsa-not-on-same-track-as-mcsa-exchange.html)

James B 06-29-2007 12:23 AM

MCSA list 70-620 (Vista) as a Core Client and Elective option however
MCSA-Exchange does not list 70-620 as a Core Client nor does the MCSA -
Security. Is Ms just lax on updating the website as I notice the
Certification Tracker is way off as well?

Surely if 70-620 counts in MCSA it counts in MCSA - X not to mention it's
VISTA which surely MS wants to promote over XP?

John R 06-29-2007 01:21 AM

Re: MCSA not on same track as MCSA-Exchange?

"James B" <james@not_telling.com> wrote in message
> MCSA list 70-620 (Vista) as a Core Client and Elective option however
> MCSA-Exchange does not list 70-620 as a Core Client nor does the MCSA -
> Security. Is Ms just lax on updating the website as I notice the
> Certification Tracker is way off as well?
>
> Surely if 70-620 counts in MCSA it counts in MCSA - X not to mention it's
> VISTA which surely MS wants to promote over XP?

I would say you are probably 100% correct. I would email
mcphelp@microsoft.com and ask them to be sure.

John R

James B 06-30-2007 12:38 AM

Re: MCSA not on same track as MCSA-Exchange?

The answer from MCPHelp makes no sense at all. I'm reposting it here along
with my response back to them. If anyone has anything else to add, has spoke
with somebody higher up the food chain, etc please post a response.

MCPHelp:
Exam 70-620 has been listed on MCP Site as it counts towards MCSA 2003
Certification, but as far as specialization is concerned there are only
selected exams which counts towards a particular field, that's the reason it
has not been specified in MCSA Messaging Certification. We would request you
to please follow the path specified on the MCP Learning Site.

My Reponse:
If 70-620 can replace 70-270 for the MCSA then it makes zero sense that it
cannot also replace 70-270 for the MCSA:Messaging. Is MS saying Vista is
useless in a MS Messaging environment and we should be supporting and
deploying only XP or Win2K as that's the exams you list for the Client
requirement?

Same goes for MCSA:Security as the client exams listed are only XP and Win2K
so is Vista not secure?

70-620 is also listed as an exam in the Client Core for MCSE. However
MCSE:Messaging does not list 70-620, so again is MS saying don't deploy
Vista as we are not going to certify professionals on Vista in a Messaging
environment? MCSE:Security list Win2K as a Client exam but not Vista, so
what is Vista not as "secure" as Win2k?

There is a clear disconnect here...

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...erver2003.mspx

John R 06-30-2007 01:15 AM

> The answer from MCPHelp makes no sense at all. I'm reposting it here along
> with my response back to them. If anyone has anything else to add, has
> spoke with somebody higher up the food chain, etc please post a response.
>

> so again is MS saying don't deploy Vista as we are not going to certify
> professionals on Vista in a Messaging environment? MCSE:Security list
> Win2K as a Client exam but not Vista,

I think you mean Longhorn (Server 2008), not Vista, there is no MCSA XP. At
any rate...
This part is true, there is no security or messaging specializations in the
Longhorn environment, they are separate certifications.

John R

James B 07-02-2007 10:00 PM

> "James B" <james@not_telling.com> wrote in message
>> The answer from MCPHelp makes no sense at all. I'm reposting it here
>> along with my response back to them. If anyone has anything else to add,
>> has spoke with somebody higher up the food chain, etc please post a
>> response.
>>

>> so again is MS saying don't deploy Vista as we are not going to certify
>> professionals on Vista in a Messaging environment? MCSE:Security list
>> Win2K as a Client exam but not Vista,

> I think you mean Longhorn (Server 2008), not Vista, there is no MCSA XP.
> At any rate...
> This part is true, there is no security or messaging specializations in
> the Longhorn environment, they are separate certifications.
>
> John R

No I mean exactly what I said. You can get MCSA/MCSE using Vista as a Client
Core but if you want MCSA/MCSE-Messgaing MS doesn't seem to feel the Vista
Client Core they accepted for MCSA/MCSE is worthy of being a qualified exam
for MCSA/MCSE-Messaging or are they saying Vista shouldn't be used in a
Messaging enviroment. It makes no sense and they totally ignore my response
back to them by not answering my question and misquoting me to boot.

I am very surprised this has not been more of a topic.

=?Utf-8?B?U3VsYWltYW4=?= 07-25-2007 09:16 AM

Re: MCSA not on same track as MCSA-Exchange?

Hi James

I think you are confusing the point here...

The layout of Qualifications has changed. What you are trying to imply is
like saying that your MCSE 2003, would suffice if you have Windows NT
Workstation as as the desktop OS.

You must remember when passing 70-620, u no longer get the MCP certification
but you are an MCTS. From what i can see they are breaking up the
certifications further.

I think there is more to than just adding the desktop client as an elective,
the structure of qualifications has changed.