Velocity Reviews

-   -   Puter connection problem. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t518374-puter-connection-problem.html)

Bill and Margie 06-28-2007 03:07 PM

Puter connection problem.

I have this millennium 2 puter, have done something (evidently stupid,
whatever) so I cannot make a dial-up connection. I have gone to restore
and that has no helped. I got his puter used and still have a lot to
learn about it. The thing that confuses me is when I try to contact msn
a box comes up asking for my username and password. When I put in my
password, set up by msn, it rejects it. One error that comes up is error
720 ( "No PPP control Protocols configured.) This may be only part of
the problem but I do not know what else i may have screwed up. I would
greatly appreciate some advise from some of you who are much more
qualified than I will ever be. Thanks in advance.
Bill

WISHFUL THINKING:
"Wouldn't it be nice if whenever we messed up our life we could simply
press 'Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over? AMEN, AMEN !! " *

Capt. Barbossa 06-28-2007 03:36 PM

Re: Puter connection problem.

Okay here is what you do.

Delete your dial up connection.

Uninstall dial up network

Uninstall tcp ip

Since this is ME I believe you still do these from the control panel and
add / remove programs, the cab files should be installed already on the
OS folders so it should not ask you for the ME disk.

reboot.

reinstall dial up networking.

reinstall tcp ip.

and rebuild your dial up connection.