Velocity Reviews

-   -   C++ editors and IDEs (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t518311-c-editors-and-ides.html)

Mohitz 06-28-2007 10:46 AM

C++ editors and IDEs

Hi

I have recently migrated from Java to C++ and find it really cool.

I am currently using Emacs. I know its good because you can customize
it the way you want. But, i dont think it beats an IDE like eclipse
for Java.
eclipse lets you do so much for java..

1. Syntax Error Highlighting
2. Content Assist with list of var/func
3. Getters and Setters
4. Defining Constructors

The list just goes on...

Opinions??

Also, are there any IDEs for C++ ? I haven't come across any...

Mohit

jalina 06-28-2007 10:49 AM

Re: C++ editors and IDEs

Mohitz a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I have recently migrated from Java to C++ and find it really cool.
>
> I am currently using Emacs. I know its good because you can customize
> it the way you want. But, i dont think it beats an IDE like eclipse
> for Java.
> eclipse lets you do so much for java..
>
> 1. Syntax Error Highlighting
> 2. Content Assist with list of var/func
> 3. Getters and Setters
> 4. Defining Constructors
>
> The list just goes on...
>
> Opinions??
>
> Also, are there any IDEs for C++ ? I haven't come across any...
>
> Mohit

Well, Eclipse is an IDE and can be used for C++. Look for the CDT plugin.

J.