Velocity Reviews

-   -   WEDDING PICTURE DURING NIGH TIME (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t518262-wedding-picture-during-nigh-time.html)

baliroyalwedding@gmail.com 06-28-2007 03:37 AM

WEDDING PICTURE DURING NIGH TIME

Dear Members,
Can anyone give me little advise on how to check my vendors camera
specs before assigning to shoot my customers' wedding. Several cases,
Wedding during night time, under the low light for long distance
objects, the result turn unsatisfactorily, not so well catched.
Reasons sometimes I got was :
- Ocean humidity (open air shoot)
- Different quality of light affect (fires, bulb, and th eflast
itself)
How shal I respond to this situation?
Several successful picture, I took and put on the sites...(some of
them are affcting by theis case).
Thank you
www.baliroyalwedding.com

Roy G 06-28-2007 10:42 AM

Re: WEDDING PICTURE DURING NIGH TIME

<baliroyalwedding@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1183001868.734183.152850@i13g2000prf.googlegr oups.com...
> Dear Members,
> Can anyone give me little advise on how to check my vendors camera
> specs before assigning to shoot my customers' wedding. Several cases,
> Wedding during night time, under the low light for long distance
> objects, the result turn unsatisfactorily, not so well catched.
> Reasons sometimes I got was :
> - Ocean humidity (open air shoot)
> - Different quality of light affect (fires, bulb, and th eflast
> itself)
> How shal I respond to this situation?
> Several successful picture, I took and put on the sites...(some of
> them are affcting by theis case).
> Thank you
> www.baliroyalwedding.com

You are asking very basic questions about photography.

Do you really think you are qualified to be doing Commercial Wedding
Photography.??

You could very easily ruin their memories of the "Once in a Lifetime" event.

If you were operating in the UK or USA, you could find yourself being sued
for considerable sums of money due to your professional incompetance.

It sounds to me as if you do not have a sufficiently powerful Flash-Gun, and
do not know how to set the Camera to the correct White Balance or work out
correct exposure settings.

Roy G

George Kerby 06-28-2007 02:29 PM

Re: WEDDING PICTURE DURING NIGH TIME

On 6/27/07 10:37 PM, in article
"baliroyalwedding@gmail.com" <baliroyalwedding@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Members,
> Can anyone give me little advise on how to check my vendors camera
> specs before assigning to shoot my customers' wedding. Several cases,
> Wedding during night time, under the low light for long distance
> objects, the result turn unsatisfactorily, not so well catched.
> Reasons sometimes I got was :
> - Ocean humidity (open air shoot)
> - Different quality of light affect (fires, bulb, and th eflast
> itself)
> How shal I respond to this situation?
> Several successful picture, I took and put on the sites...(some of
> them are affcting by theis case).
> Thank you
> www.baliroyalwedding.com

People like you give Pros bad press.

Pat 06-28-2007 02:46 PM

On Jun 28, 6:42 am, "Roy G" <roy.gibs...@REMOVE.tesco.net> wrote:
> <baliroyalwedd...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1183001868.734183.152850@i13g2000prf.googlegr oups.com...> Dear Members,
> > Can anyone give me little advise on how to check my vendors camera
> > specs before assigning to shoot my customers' wedding. Several cases,
> > Wedding during night time, under the low light for long distance
> > objects, the result turn unsatisfactorily, not so well catched.
> > Reasons sometimes I got was :
> > - Ocean humidity (open air shoot)
> > - Different quality of light affect (fires, bulb, and th eflast
> > itself)
> > How shal I respond to this situation?
> > Several successful picture, I took and put on the sites...(some of
> > them are affcting by theis case).
> > Thank you
> >www.baliroyalwedding.com

> You are asking very basic questions about photography.
>
> Do you really think you are qualified to be doing Commercial Wedding
> Photography.??
>
> You could very easily ruin their memories of the "Once in a Lifetime" event.
>
> If you were operating in the UK or USA, you could find yourself being sued
> for considerable sums of money due to your professional incompetance.
>
> It sounds to me as if you do not have a sufficiently powerful Flash-Gun, and
> do not know how to set the Camera to the correct White Balance or work out
> correct exposure settings.
>
> Roy G

Roy, did you look at the web site??? The stuff there is VERY good.
It is on par with (or better than) most pro stuff in the US.

Pat 06-28-2007 03:00 PM

Re: WEDDING PICTURE DURING NIGH TIME

On Jun 27, 11:37 pm, "baliroyalwedd...@gmail.com"
<baliroyalwedd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Members,
> Can anyone give me little advise on how to check my vendors camera
> specs before assigning to shoot my customers' wedding. Several cases,
> Wedding during night time, under the low light for long distance
> objects, the result turn unsatisfactorily, not so well catched.
> Reasons sometimes I got was :
> - Ocean humidity (open air shoot)
> - Different quality of light affect (fires, bulb, and th eflast
> itself)
> How shal I respond to this situation?
> Several successful picture, I took and put on the sites...(some of
> them are affcting by theis case).
> Thank youwww.baliroyalwedding.com

First, let me compliment you on your website. The photos there are
all very good.

Shooting people at a distance, in dark conditions, if very tricky.
I'd say the problem that you are encountering is one of the hardest
things to do correctly. It is a test of any photographer's skills.

I am not sure an "camera spec" is the correct way to go. You would
not judge the quality of someone's cooking based on what kitchen
equipment they own. I think you might do better asking to review the
photographer's portfolio, with particular attention to low light
work. You might also look at past weddings and see who does a good
job on that kind of work, and assign them the more difficult projects.

It appears that you often use the same locations for events. Another
option would be for YOU to install a professional lighting system at
the site, so that you can do it in a very discreet nature. Then let
the photographers use your lighting -- once they are familar with it.
That would allow you to pre-position lights in all of the right spots.

I hope this helped.

Roy G 06-29-2007 12:25 AM

"Pat" <groups@artisticphotography.us> wrote in message
news:1183041962.280844.301340@q75g2000hsh.googlegr oups.com...
> On Jun 28, 6:42 am, "Roy G" <roy.gibs...@REMOVE.tesco.net> wrote:
>> <baliroyalwedd...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:1183001868.734183.152850@i13g2000prf.googlegr oups.com...> Dear
>> Members,
>> > Can anyone give me little advise on how to check my vendors camera
>> > specs before assigning to shoot my customers' wedding. Several cases,
>> > Wedding during night time, under the low light for long distance
>> > objects, the result turn unsatisfactorily, not so well catched.
>> > Reasons sometimes I got was :
>> > - Ocean humidity (open air shoot)
>> > - Different quality of light affect (fires, bulb, and th eflast
>> > itself)
>> > How shal I respond to this situation?
>> > Several successful picture, I took and put on the sites...(some of
>> > them are affcting by theis case).
>> > Thank you
>> >www.baliroyalwedding.com

>> You are asking very basic questions about photography.
>>
>> Do you really think you are qualified to be doing Commercial Wedding
>> Photography.??
>>
>> You could very easily ruin their memories of the "Once in a Lifetime"
>> event.
>>
>> If you were operating in the UK or USA, you could find yourself being
>> sued
>> for considerable sums of money due to your professional incompetance.
>>
>> It sounds to me as if you do not have a sufficiently powerful Flash-Gun,
>> and
>> do not know how to set the Camera to the correct White Balance or work
>> out
>> correct exposure settings.
>>
>> Roy G

> Roy, did you look at the web site??? The stuff there is VERY good.
> It is on par with (or better than) most pro stuff in the US.

Yes.

I did look at the Website and most of the stuff shown was good, but he did
say that " the result turn unsatisfactorily, not so well catched".

Naturally he is not going to put the rubbish on the site, and he does not
include any Galleries of actual Weddings, so we can't assess the general
standard of the work.

The comparison to US Pros might not be all that good a recommendation, if
theirs is anything like some of the output I have seen from UK Pros.

I am not saying they are all bad, but a number of them are not even as good
as me, and I just don't trust myself to do Weddings, not even as an unpaid
favour.

(I recently shot some snaps at a Wedding using my wife's Fuji S5100, and the
Mother of the Bride said my pics were better than the Pro's stuff, and she
was correct. I don't use that camera much, so its control is not
instinctive, and I was nothing like stone cold sober).

If he knew enough, he should have been able to work out the answers for
himself.

He is supposed to be, or is employing PROs, and is charging money for his /
their services, so any degree of incompetance is inexcusable.

Roy G

Pat 06-29-2007 03:34 AM

On Jun 28, 8:25 pm, "Roy G" <roy.gibs...@REMOVE.tesco.net> wrote:
> "Pat" <gro...@artisticphotography.us> wrote in message
>
> news:1183041962.280844.301340@q75g2000hsh.googlegr oups.com...
>
> > On Jun 28, 6:42 am, "Roy G" <roy.gibs...@REMOVE.tesco.net> wrote:
> >> <baliroyalwedd...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >>news:1183001868.734183.152850@i13g2000prf.google groups.com...> Dear
> >> Members,

> >> You are asking very basic questions about photography.

> >> Do you really think you are qualified to be doing Commercial Wedding
> >> Photography.??

> >> You could very easily ruin their memories of the "Once in a Lifetime"
> >> event.

> >> If you were operating in the UK or USA, you could find yourself being
> >> sued
> >> for considerable sums of money due to your professional incompetance.

> >> It sounds to me as if you do not have a sufficiently powerful Flash-Gun,
> >> and
> >> do not know how to set the Camera to the correct White Balance or work
> >> out
> >> correct exposure settings.

> >> Roy G

> > Roy, did you look at the web site??? The stuff there is VERY good.
> > It is on par with (or better than) most pro stuff in the US.

> Yes.
>
> I did look at the Website and most of the stuff shown was good, but he did
> say that " the result turn unsatisfactorily, not so well catched".
>
> Naturally he is not going to put the rubbish on the site, and he does not
> include any Galleries of actual Weddings, so we can't assess the general
> standard of the work.
>
> The comparison to US Pros might not be all that good a recommendation, if
> theirs is anything like some of the output I have seen from UK Pros.
>
> I am not saying they are all bad, but a number of them are not even as good
> as me, and I just don't trust myself to do Weddings, not even as an unpaid
> favour.
>
> (I recently shot some snaps at a Wedding using my wife's Fuji S5100, and the
> Mother of the Bride said my pics were better than the Pro's stuff, and she
> was correct. I don't use that camera much, so its control is not
> instinctive, and I was nothing like stone cold sober).
>
> If he knew enough, he should have been able to work out the answers for
> himself.
>
> He is supposed to be, or is employing PROs, and is charging money for his /
> their services, so any degree of incompetance is inexcusable.
>
> Roy G

My reading of the OP is radically different than yours -- granted
there's a bit of a language barrier here.

I read the post as the OP is a sort of caterer, if you will, who
arranges wedding packages: food, locations, licensing, photography,
etc. and that the OP is dissatsified with some picture some of his/her
vendors are providing to the clients. Therefore the OP is asking for
assistance is specifying an equipment list for photographers -- with
the assumption that good equipment equals good photographer. Okay,
than might more-or-less hold true, but it's sort of like saying a good
stove means that the person knows how to cook.

If you are shooting as good as on the website, you should go pro.
Those shots are hard to pull off in wedding photography where you are
dealing with people, weather, time, etc. etc.

Roy G 06-29-2007 10:13 AM

news:1183088092.284589.152650@c77g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
> On Jun 28, 8:25 pm, "Roy G" <roy.gibs...@REMOVE.tesco.net> wrote:
>> "Pat" <gro...@artisticphotography.us> wrote in message
>>
>> news:1183041962.280844.301340@q75g2000hsh.googlegr oups.com...

>> > Roy, did you look at the web site??? The stuff there is VERY good.
>> > It is on par with (or better than) most pro stuff in the US.

>> Yes.
>>
>> I did look at the Website and most of the stuff shown was good, but he
>> did
>> say that " the result turn unsatisfactorily, not so well catched".
>>
>> Naturally he is not going to put the rubbish on the site, and he does not
>> include any Galleries of actual Weddings, so we can't assess the general
>> standard of the work.
>>
>> The comparison to US Pros might not be all that good a recommendation, if
>> theirs is anything like some of the output I have seen from UK Pros.
>>
>> I am not saying they are all bad, but a number of them are not even as
>> good
>> as me, and I just don't trust myself to do Weddings, not even as an
>> unpaid
>> favour.
>>
>> (I recently shot some snaps at a Wedding using my wife's Fuji S5100, and
>> the
>> Mother of the Bride said my pics were better than the Pro's stuff, and
>> she
>> was correct. I don't use that camera much, so its control is not
>> instinctive, and I was nothing like stone cold sober).
>>
>> If he knew enough, he should have been able to work out the answers for
>> himself.
>>
>> He is supposed to be, or is employing PROs, and is charging money for his
>> /
>> their services, so any degree of incompetance is inexcusable.
>>
>> Roy G

> My reading of the OP is radically different than yours -- granted
> there's a bit of a language barrier here.
>
> I read the post as the OP is a sort of caterer, if you will, who
> arranges wedding packages: food, locations, licensing, photography,
> etc. and that the OP is dissatsified with some picture some of his/her
> vendors are providing to the clients. Therefore the OP is asking for
> assistance is specifying an equipment list for photographers -- with
> the assumption that good equipment equals good photographer. Okay,
> than might more-or-less hold true, but it's sort of like saying a good
> stove means that the person knows how to cook.
>
> If you are shooting as good as on the website, you should go pro.
> Those shots are hard to pull off in wedding photography where you are
> dealing with people, weather, time, etc. etc.

I suspect you may be right that he is a Venue Manager, or similar.

He needs to start checking that any Photographers he employs, are capable
Professionals. Too many of this type of Agency will employ just any-one,
who comes cheap but seems to have the right equipment.

Roy G

Pat 06-29-2007 01:39 PM

On Jun 29, 6:13 am, "Roy G" <roy.gibs...@REMOVE.tesco.net> wrote:
> "Pat" <gro...@artisticphotography.us> wrote in message
>
> news:1183088092.284589.152650@c77g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
>

> > On Jun 28, 8:25 pm, "Roy G" <roy.gibs...@REMOVE.tesco.net> wrote:
> >> "Pat" <gro...@artisticphotography.us> wrote in message

> >>news:1183041962.280844.301340@q75g2000hsh.google groups.com...

> >> Yes.

> >> I did look at the Website and most of the stuff shown was good, but he
> >> did
> >> say that " the result turn unsatisfactorily, not so well catched".

> >> Naturally he is not going to put the rubbish on the site, and he does not
> >> include any Galleries of actual Weddings, so we can't assess the general
> >> standard of the work.

> >> The comparison to US Pros might not be all that good a recommendation, if
> >> theirs is anything like some of the output I have seen from UK Pros.

> >> I am not saying they are all bad, but a number of them are not even as
> >> good
> >> as me, and I just don't trust myself to do Weddings, not even as an
> >> unpaid
> >> favour.

> >> (I recently shot some snaps at a Wedding using my wife's Fuji S5100, and
> >> the
> >> Mother of the Bride said my pics were better than the Pro's stuff, and
> >> she
> >> was correct. I don't use that camera much, so its control is not
> >> instinctive, and I was nothing like stone cold sober).

> >> If he knew enough, he should have been able to work out the answers for
> >> himself.

> >> He is supposed to be, or is employing PROs, and is charging money for his
> >> /
> >> their services, so any degree of incompetance is inexcusable.

> >> Roy G

> > My reading of the OP is radically different than yours -- granted
> > there's a bit of a language barrier here.

> > I read the post as the OP is a sort of caterer, if you will, who
> > arranges wedding packages: food, locations, licensing, photography,
> > etc. and that the OP is dissatsified with some picture some of his/her
> > vendors are providing to the clients. Therefore the OP is asking for
> > assistance is specifying an equipment list for photographers -- with
> > the assumption that good equipment equals good photographer. Okay,
> > than might more-or-less hold true, but it's sort of like saying a good
> > stove means that the person knows how to cook.

> > If you are shooting as good as on the website, you should go pro.
> > Those shots are hard to pull off in wedding photography where you are
> > dealing with people, weather, time, etc. etc.

> I suspect you may be right that he is a Venue Manager, or similar.
>
> He needs to start checking that any Photographers he employs, are capable
> Professionals. Too many of this type of Agency will employ just any-one,
> who comes cheap but seems to have the right equipment.
>
> Roy G

As I said in an a previous post, I think the OP should review the
photographer's portfolio, esp. their low-light work.

bugbear 06-29-2007 02:13 PM

Pat wrote:

> It appears that you often use the same locations for events. Another
> option would be for YOU to install a professional lighting system at
> the site, so that you can do it in a very discreet nature. Then let
> the photographers use your lighting -- once they are familar with it.
> That would allow you to pre-position lights in all of the right spots.

Good and imaginative suggestion.

BugBear