Velocity Reviews

-   -   VLAN Trunking/Routing Problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t517634-vlan-trunking-routing-problem.html)

mnkyb0i 06-25-2007 11:03 PM

VLAN Trunking/Routing Problem

I have a 2620 router, three 2900XL switches, a PIX506E and an ASA5510. The 2620 is acting as a router on a stick with the following interface config:

interface FastEthernet0/0
ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
no ip mroute-cache
duplex auto
speed 10
!
interface FastEthernet0/0.2
encapsulation dot1Q 2
ip address 10.1.2.1 255.255.255.0
no ip redirects
!
interface FastEthernet0/0.3
encapsulation dot1Q 3
ip address 10.1.3.1 255.255.255.0
no ip redirects
!
interface FastEthernet0/0.4
encapsulation dot1Q 4
ip address 10.1.4.1 255.255.255.0
no ip redirects
!
interface FastEthernet0/0.5
encapsulation dot1Q 5
ip address 10.1.5.1 255.255.255.0
no ip redirects
!
interface FastEthernet0/0.7
encapsulation dot1Q 7
ip address 10.1.7.1 255.255.255.0

The ports on the switches that connect to the firewall and between one another are set up as dot1q trunk ports:

interface FastEthernet0/1
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
!
interface FastEthernet0/2
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
!
interface FastEthernet0/3
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
!

I can ping the router interface IP's from anywhere on the network and I can ping 10.1.3.254 (The internal PIX interface), but I can't ping the ASA Internal interface 10.1.4.254.

I can't even ping from the ASA to the router interface IP 10.1.4.1. The physical connectivity between the Router and the ASA is ASA--Switch--Switch--Router. The PIX to Router connectivity is PIX--Switch--Switch--Router.

So I am totally stumped.