Velocity Reviews

-   -   Vista Class Action (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t516681-vista-class-action.html)

=?Utf-8?B?VE9NIEhBVEVTVklTVEE=?= 06-22-2007 05:29 PM

Vista Class Action

Refund users money for vista 64 the program is not ready for release. It does
not work, you cannot get printer to work there is not bendfit to vista.

MS is gong to end up with millions of dollars in class actions suits for
loss of income and productivity because of this program. The program does not
work. I have tired for three weeks to get vista 64 and my Hp and Lexmark
printers to work and they still do not work. I have lost $25,000 in the stock
market because I have been working on this peice of junk vista, trying to
get my data from quicked to print.

Vista is an awfull program, I see not benefit in it. There is no support or
any way to get the thing to work. I do not need this aggravation

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com....64bit.general

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlIFNpenpsZXI=?= 06-22-2007 05:46 PM

RE: Vista Class Action

"TOM HATESVISTA" wrote:

> Refund users money for vista 64 the program is not ready for release. It does
> not work, you cannot get printer to work there is not bendfit to vista.
>
> MS is gong to end up with millions of dollars in class actions suits for
> loss of income and productivity because of this program. The program does not
> work. I have tired for three weeks to get vista 64 and my Hp and Lexmark
> printers to work and they still do not work. I have lost $25,000 in the stock
> market because I have been working on this peice of junk vista, trying to
> get my data from quicked to print.
>
> Vista is an awfull program, I see not benefit in it. There is no support or
> any way to get the thing to work. I do not need this aggravation
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com....64bit.general

I vote "NO"!!! This is another example of a waste of web space. If you had
taken the time to do some research before you installed Vista x64 you
wouldn't be crying now.

If you want to do something constructive, file complaints with the hardware
vendors about the lack of drivers!!!

You can lead the hardware vendors (the horses) to the water (XP x64 &
Vistax64), but you can't force them to drink!!!

Theo 06-22-2007 05:56 PM

Re: Vista Class Action

Every peripehral I have worked in Vista x64, some that
didn't work in Win x64. So, my guess is you don't know
enough computers to tackling something of this magnitude!

And, I think you're having "lost $25,000 in the stock
market" (which I don't believe to start with) because of
your inability to put together a computer system is entirely
your own fault, not Microsoft's!!

Cari \(MS-MVP\) 06-22-2007 09:46 PM

Re: Vista Class Action

Did you check your printers actually HAD drivers for Vista 64 BEFORE
installing Vista 64 bit? No... then it's no ones fault but your own. And
Microsoft is NOT responsible for writing drivers for OTHER MANUFACTURERS
hardware... that would be a violation of their agreements. If you want to
bitch at Lexmark and HP, do it somewhere else.

And if you did install Vista and had so many problems due to your own
incompetence, why didn't you just format and reinstall whichever operating
system you had before. Install, format, reinstall.... under 12 hours in 99%
of cases. If you lost $25,000 on the stock market in less than 12 hours,
you're either totally rich and therefore it's no importance to you or you're
computer illiterate and should never have attempted to upgrade in the first
place.

One more addition.... if your PC isn't working and you need to get in touch
with your broker..... USE YOUR CELLPHONE or LANDLINE..... you remember, the
old fashioned way, where you can actually TALK to real people.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

=?Utf-8?B?R2l2ZU1lQmFja015TW9uZXk=?= 07-01-2007 06:36 PM

RE: Vista Class Action

I can understand your frustrations. When a company releases a product, you
expect it will work to a certain level of competency. I mean, isn't that what
you are paying for? Microsoft has run out of ways to repackage other
company's technologies. It's not the days of Digital Research anymore, and
copying Apple is proving to be more difficult to achieve.
Good luck with that class action lawsuit. The onlt thing Microsoft is good
at today is hiring a mob of lawyers to protect them for the fact that they
can't create.

To the other posters that says blame the hardware manufacturers, that's just
too dumb as comment to not respond to. It's Microsoft's job to make sure
customer's are supported using their products. Hardare manufacturers are
using standard off-the-shelf product. The fault lays with microsoft for not
having a reasonable ecosystem in place. They pay their people a lot of money,
but all they hire are used car salesmen and slick lawyers.
My advice is, stick with 32 bit XP as long as possible, if you must run
windows.

Kevin 07-03-2007 05:54 AM

Re: Vista Class Action

I've been running Vista 64Bit Ultimate on a new HP Laptop since February
with ZERO Problems. Canon had 64Bit drivers for Vista ready to go for my
Printer, and my older HP Printers at work running over our LAN all work just
fine too. I've only encountered one Software product that is not 64bit
ready, but I'm told an update is coming.

I've installed every published update from Microsoft and HP, my O/S is
EXTREMELY stable. I've maybe had one crash in 5 months.

I love my new machine and could never go back to XP after working with it
for the last four months.

BTW: Maybe you should consider a MAC??

"GiveMeBackMyMoney" <GiveMeBackMyMoney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:8632493D-E0D4-4168-B9EF-F493C0C19CB0@microsoft.com...

Allan 07-03-2007 12:40 PM

Re: Vista Class Action

"Kevin" <kjdinoc@msn.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>>> Lexmark
>>> printers to work and they still do not work. I have lost $25,000 in the
>>> stock
>>> market because I have been working on this peice of junk vista, trying
>>> get my data from quicked to print.
>>>
>>> Vista is an awfull program, I see not benefit in it. There is no support
>>> or
>>> any way to get the thing to work. I do not need this aggravation
>>>

>>> ----------------
>>> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>>> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>>> "I
>>> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>>> this
>>> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and

In my opinion the OP has not provided enough reasons why MS should be liable
for millions ($ US ?) to its users. After all, HP is partly responsible for
the OS as well if they install it on new machines. Someone else complained
that HP did not support Windows XP Pro x64 very well in the past.

=?Utf-8?B?R2l2ZU1lQmFja015TW9uZXk=?= 07-03-2007 04:48 PM

Re: Vista Class Action

As I suspected, you aren't running anything out of the oridinary and running
on a vanilla machine. Your's is the best case environment, where Tier 1
vanilla machines with proprietary implementations require custom drivers. In
this case, H.P., developed Vista specific drivers for a specific platform.
This would be fine if all users purchased PCs form HP, Dell, or Gateway,
which you realize, is certainly not the case.
To your credit, my time updating Vista and Windows XP 64 have been as smooth
as any other windows version. updating isn't the problem. The fact that my
Cakewalk Sonar Power Studio will not run on either Vista or Win XP-64. It
runs fine on 32-bit XP.
The fact that I purchased the Win64 disk from Tiger Direct. When I opened
the package, the disk was cracked. Took it back to TD who said they can't
refund or exchange that product. Said to call Microsoft for a replacement.
Called MS. They charged me $35 for replacing a disk I just purchased from
their channel. Took 2-3 weeks before I received the disk by ground. Wonder
why shipping is $9 for ground?
Windows XP x64 RAID support is unstable and flaky. Especially on NVIDIA
chipset for some odd reason. I've tryed every suggestion and none seem to
work for this intermittent DCOM error that causes the system to hang in the
midst of a long file transfer.
I have a bunch of >$200 ATI All-In-Wonder 1800s. Guess what. There will be
no support under Win XP-64, or Vista for the All-In-Wonder boards. My board
acts like a board with 75% of it's funtionality disabled.

Although I like the MAC, I'll forego a complete transistion, and settle for
OS-X running on a x86 PC.

XS11E 07-03-2007 04:59 PM

Re: Vista Class Action

"Allan" <mu8ja0i@earthlink.net> wrote:

> In my opinion the OP has not provided enough reasons why MS should
> be liable for millions ($ US ?) to its users.

You expect people to admit they're too damn stupid to own a computer,
let alone install and run a new OS? That's downright un-American! You
ALWAYS find someone to sue for your own mistakes, that's the AMERICAN
WAY!

bobcreek 07-04-2007 03:00 AM

Re: Vista Class Action

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 22:54:16 -0700, "Kevin" <kjdinoc@msn.com> wrote:

>I've been running Vista 64Bit Ultimate on a new HP Laptop since February
>with ZERO Problems. Canon had 64Bit drivers for Vista ready to go for my
>Printer, and my older HP Printers at work running over our LAN all work just
>fine too. I've only encountered one Software product that is not 64bit
>ready, but I'm told an update is coming.
>
>I've installed every published update from Microsoft and HP, my O/S is
>EXTREMELY stable. I've maybe had one crash in 5 months.
>
>I love my new machine and could never go back to XP after working with it
>for the last four months.

Boy, howdy, I couldn't agree more. I did a clean XPx64 install
on a new Core-2 Duo buildup, did my homework, and this
machine really performs! Had to buy a new printer/scanner combo,
though, but the old unit was 9 years old anyway. Been using Bon
Echo version of Firefox, also. This is the most stable Windows
OS I have ever used, and would not go back for anything!
Probably not for the faint of heart, though, but I've learned
a lot and that's never bad, even for an old guy.......
My thanks to all the folks here who who helped me, unknowingly,
get that homework done!

---Bob S.