Velocity Reviews

-   Microsoft Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f24-microsoft-certification.html)
-   -   .NET Developer Certification - Newbie Question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t516663-net-developer-certification-newbie-question.html)

Gagan 06-22-2007 04:20 PM

.NET Developer Certification - Newbie Question

Guys, I want to go for "Web Development" using .NET Technologies. I
went to the Microsoft Website, The picture about the Certification
paths' is unclear. I tried to read all the matter but ;)

There are 4 possibilities as per what I understood.

- MCTS
- MCAD
- MCPD
- MCSD

What I didn't understand is - The Start point and the END Point.
What's the start / BASE of the .NET Cert. and the apex of .NET Cert. I
mean what's the starting point .. MCTS or MCAD ? If someone could just
give me a brief idea, like where to begin and where to end ? MCTS ? or
MCAD ?

http://img.microsoft.com/learning/im.../MSCtitles.gif

There's also a confusion between .NET 1.0/1.1 and VS.NET 2005
Technologies. The website says MCAD is for 1.0/1.1 and somewhere it
says it's updated... It's all messed up there. I would love to hear
any kind of suggestion from the guys, please suggest me accordingly -
this will be probably my 1st Cert. course. Please advice me.

Thank you

Thor 06-22-2007 07:14 PM

Re: .NET Developer Certification - Newbie Question

..NET 1.x: MCAD -> MCSD
..NET 2+: MCTS -> MCPD

MCTS implies mastering a technology, MCPD implies that you can do the job, I
think.
53

news:1182529246.032573.213770@x35g2000prf.googlegr oups.com...

Gagan 06-22-2007 07:55 PM

Re: .NET Developer Certification - Newbie Question

Thanks thor