Velocity Reviews

-   -   e-mails (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t515945-e-mails.html)

karen ewen 06-20-2007 08:12 AM

e-mails

why cant i recieve e-mails from my friends i know there sending me them but
i dont get them

Gordon 06-20-2007 08:27 AM

Re: e-mails

"karen ewen" <karen.ewen@tesco.net> wrote in message
> why cant i recieve e-mails from my friends i know there sending me them
> but
> i dont get them

Do you get any emails at all?

ded 06-20-2007 09:20 AM

Re: e-mails

"karen ewen" <karen.ewen@tesco.net> wrote in message
> why cant i recieve e-mails from my friends i know there sending me them
> but
> i dont get them

Hi Karen
Your headers show you posted this via virginmedia (NTL)
This is a newsgroup, it is not a help desk associated with virgin.
Log onto the virgin web account and see if the missing emails are
in the spam/trash folder.
If they are, by moving them to the "inbox" will mean you recieve
them in Outlook Express. This is usually all that is required for
future emails to get through also.
But in some instances and with some accounts you may have to
"unflag" an email account as not being spam for future emails to
get through.

ded 06-20-2007 09:38 AM

Re: e-mails

"> "karen ewen" <karen.ewen@tesco.net> wrote in message
>> why cant i recieve e-mails from my friends i know there sending me them
>> but
>> i dont get them
>>

> Hi Karen
> Your headers show you posted this via virginmedia (NTL)
> This is a newsgroup, it is not a help desk associated with virgin.
> Log onto the virgin web account and see if the missing emails are
> in the spam/trash folder.
> If they are, by moving them to the "inbox" will mean you recieve
> them in Outlook Express. This is usually all that is required for
> future emails to get through also.
> But in some instances and with some accounts you may have to
> "unflag" an email account as not being spam for future emails to
> get through.

OK Karen
Are these friends - "chatroom friends"?
Will the missing emails be from hotmail accounts and will they have
been sent to numrous receipients in the "To:" line?
Are they likely to have attachments?
Then virginmedia will have deemed them to be spam.
Click this link
http://www.virginmedia.com/customers...rtal&app=email
You will have to "UNflag" the sender(s) as not being spammers.

Plato 06-21-2007 04:16 AM

Re: e-mails

karen ewen wrote:

> why cant i recieve e-mails from my friends i know there sending me them but
> i dont get them

Sometimes your ISP's password thinggy gets messed up and you need to
call them to set up a new account with a new password.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/