Velocity Reviews

-   -   Applications associated with device files (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t514901-applications-associated-with-device-files.html)

deet@sorry.me 06-15-2007 08:06 PM

Applications associated with device files

When I turn my desktop PC on, instead of the Windows98SE desktop
with all the icons being displayed, I get several messages regarding
various device files which are listed in system or registry, but are
not found on my machine. One example is vnetsup.vxd. The error
message also says if this was deleted in error, I should reinstall the
application it was associated with.
I have no idea what this means and what I should do to correct the
errors.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
--
deet

Ingeborg 06-15-2007 08:14 PM

Re: Applications associated with device files

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/166832/en-us>

meerkat 06-15-2007 08:15 PM

<deet@sorry.me> wrote in message
> When I turn my desktop PC on, instead of the Windows98SE desktop
> with all the icons being displayed, I get several messages regarding
> various device files which are listed in system or registry, but are
> not found on my machine. One example is vnetsup.vxd. The error
> message also says if this was deleted in error, I should reinstall the
> application it was associated with.
> I have no idea what this means and what I should do to correct the
> errors.
> Your help will be greatly appreciated.

If you`ve got your 98SE CD, then..
Go to Run, type in SFC, have the Install CD handy. This should replace any
corrupted system files.

bw..

deet@sorry.me 06-15-2007 08:24 PM

Re: Applications associated with device files

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:14:42 -0500, Ingeborg <a@b.invalid> wrote:

(snip)

><http://support.microsoft.com/kb/166832/en-us>

What a fast answer--I am truly impressed. I am printing out the
Microsoft KN number, even as I post this reply. Thank you
so much

--
deet