Velocity Reviews

-   -   Accellera VHDL 2006 LRM (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t514798-accellera-vhdl-2006-lrm.html)

Amal 06-15-2007 01:35 PM

Accellera VHDL 2006 LRM

Where and how can I get a copy of this?

-- Amal

Rodrigo Ribeiro 06-15-2007 02:14 PM

Re: Accellera VHDL 2006 LRM

By the way, what is Accellera VHDL 2006?

Amal 06-15-2007 02:21 PM

Re: Accellera VHDL 2006 LRM

On Jun 15, 10:14 am, Rodrigo Ribeiro <rodrigo.ribe...@drm.com.br>
wrote:
> By the way, what is Accellera VHDL 2006?
>
> Amal wrote:
> > Where and how can I get a copy of this?

> > -- Amal

The new proposed VHDL standard from Accellera that has been sent to
IEEE for approval. Check out www.accellera.org for more information.

-- Amal

HT-Lab 06-15-2007 03:14 PM

Re: Accellera VHDL 2006 LRM

"Amal" <akhailtash@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1181917297.381275.153560@u2g2000hsc.googlegro ups.com...
> On Jun 15, 10:14 am, Rodrigo Ribeiro <rodrigo.ribe...@drm.com.br>
> wrote:
>> By the way, what is Accellera VHDL 2006?
>>
>> Amal wrote:
>> > Where and how can I get a copy of this?

>> > -- Amal

> The new proposed VHDL standard from Accellera that has been sent to
> IEEE for approval. Check out www.accellera.org for more information.
>
> -- Amal

Try this link,

http://www.accellera.org/apps/group_...e-uploaded.zip

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

Amal 06-15-2007 06:47 PM

Re: Accellera VHDL 2006 LRM

On Jun 15, 11:14 am, "HT-Lab" <han...@ht-lab.com> wrote:
> "Amal" <akhailt...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1181917297.381275.153560@u2g2000hsc.googlegro ups.com...
>
> > On Jun 15, 10:14 am, Rodrigo Ribeiro <rodrigo.ribe...@drm.com.br>
> > wrote:
> >> By the way, what is Accellera VHDL 2006?

> > The new proposed VHDL standard from Accellera that has been sent to
> > IEEE for approval. Check outwww.accellera.orgfor more information.

> > -- Amal

> Try this link,
>
> http://www.accellera.org/apps/group_.../289/LRM-SC-to...
>
> Hanswww.ht-lab.com

Thanks Hans, but I cannot seem to find package generics and
unconstrained composites! Are they not part of the 2006 standard?

-- Amal

HT-Lab 06-15-2007 07:16 PM

Re: Accellera VHDL 2006 LRM

"Amal" <akhailtash@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1181933258.865555.288940@w5g2000hsg.googlegro ups.com...
> On Jun 15, 11:14 am, "HT-Lab" <han...@ht-lab.com> wrote:
>> "Amal" <akhailt...@gmail.com> wrote in message

...snip..

>> Try this link,
>>
>> http://www.accellera.org/apps/group_.../289/LRM-SC-to...
>>
>> Hanswww.ht-lab.com

> Thanks Hans, but I cannot seem to find package generics and
> unconstrained composites! Are they not part of the 2006 standard?
>
> -- Amal

Hi Amal,

Yes you are right, the zip file seems to contain an old draft version of the
LRM. I downloaded a version last year (IEEE P1076/D3.0, June 20,2006) which
contains section on both constructs. I have no idea why the old version is
on the website, perhaps Jim Lewis can comment on this?

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

Jim Lewis 06-16-2007 02:42 PM

Re: Accellera VHDL 2006 LRM

Hans and Amal,
IEEE rules do not let Accellera give away drafts
of the standard since IEEE owns the copyright.

The draft standards are available to Accellera
VHDL technical subcomittee members for the purposes of
TSC activity (including review).
If you are interested in participating, you can
enroll through the Accellera webpage (note one does
not need to be an Accellera member to be a TSC
member).

Best Regards,
Jim

David Bishop 06-20-2007 01:58 AM