Velocity Reviews

-   -   Widescreen monitor pros & cons? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t513487-widescreen-monitor-pros-and-cons.html)

Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net 06-10-2007 01:10 PM

Widescreen monitor pros & cons?

Hi
I'm thinking about getting a new flat panel monitor
Anyone any advice about widescreen ones
Widescreen appear to be cheeper than ordinary
I was looking at the
Dell UltraSharp™ 2007WFP 20.1" Widescreen LCD Flat Panel Monitor
http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna...=dhs&cs=ukdhs1
--
Martin
©¿©¬

Ron Martell 06-10-2007 06:13 PM

Re: Widescreen monitor pros & cons?

Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:

>Hi
>I'm thinking about getting a new flat panel monitor
>Anyone any advice about widescreen ones
>Widescreen appear to be cheeper than ordinary
>I was looking at the
>Dell UltraSharp™ 2007WFP 20.1" Widescreen LCD Flat Panel Monitor
>http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna...=dhs&cs=ukdhs1

A bit pricey by today's standards.

I have this one:
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...&sku=S197-2016
but when I purchased mine 6 months ago the price was $229 after
rebate. And it took 3 months to get the rebate. Not sure if this
would be available in Europe or if they would ship it there..

The biggest single concern with a widescreen monitor is that you
*must* have a video card that is capable of producing the exact
resolution specified for the monitor. For these 20.1" models that
would be 1680 x 1050.

Working with the wide monitor is a dream. I can easily have two
documents open side by side, such as an accounting program and an
excel spreadsheet, which greatly simplifies and expedites the process
of transferring information from one document to another.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2008)
On-Line Help Computer Service

has never been in bed with a mosquito."

Jerry G. 06-10-2007 07:46 PM

Re: Widescreen monitor pros & cons?

Before you buy the monitor, make sure your display card will support it.
If not, you have the choice to buy a regular monitor, or buy a new
display card at the same time as you buy the monitor.

--

Jerry G.

<Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net> wrote in message
Hi
I'm thinking about getting a new flat panel monitor
Anyone any advice about widescreen ones
Widescreen appear to be cheeper than ordinary
I was looking at the
Dell UltraSharpT 2007WFP 20.1" Widescreen LCD Flat Panel Monitor