Velocity Reviews

-   -   D to C not working as the text said it would! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t513457-d-to-c-not-working-as-the-text-said-it-would.html)

ETaylor 06-10-2007 08:10 AM

D to C not working as the text said it would!

I have just had new 80G C drive installed but kept my old 20G C drive as
a 20G D drive used just for storage now.
All my old Firefox and Tbird files are still on D but I can't for the
life of me get them into my new installation of Firefox and Tbird on the
new C drive.
I have tried "managing profiles document" but nothing seems do what I
want to do.
I know I must be missing something but if it's too much for me, can u
suggest something that my son (of course) can do to help me.
Thanks,
Ed

Ed Mullen 06-10-2007 03:31 PM

Re: D to C not working as the text said it would!

ETaylor wrote:
> I have just had new 80G C drive installed but kept my old 20G C drive as
> a 20G D drive used just for storage now.
> All my old Firefox and Tbird files are still on D but I can't for the
> life of me get them into my new installation of Firefox and Tbird on the
> new C drive.
> I have tried "managing profiles document" but nothing seems do what I
> want to do.
> I know I must be missing something but if it's too much for me, can u
> suggest something that my son (of course) can do to help me.
> Thanks,
> Ed

http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_profile.html

See the links under the section "For creating, moving, and transferring
profiles see"

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

ETaylor 06-11-2007 09:09 PM

Ed Mullen wrote:
> ETaylor wrote:
>> I have just had new 80G C drive installed but kept my old 20G C drive
>> as a 20G D drive used just for storage now.
>> All my old Firefox and Tbird files are still on D but I can't for the
>> life of me get them into my new installation of Firefox and Tbird on
>> the new C drive.
>> I have tried "managing profiles document" but nothing seems do what I
>> want to do.
>> I know I must be missing something but if it's too much for me, can u
>> suggest something that my son (of course) can do to help me.
>> Thanks,
>> Ed

> http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_profile.html
>
> See the links under the section "For creating, moving, and transferring
> profiles see"

Thank you, I got it.
Ed.

Ed Mullen 06-11-2007 11:22 PM

ETaylor wrote:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> ETaylor wrote:
>>> I have just had new 80G C drive installed but kept my old 20G C drive
>>> as a 20G D drive used just for storage now.
>>> All my old Firefox and Tbird files are still on D but I can't for the
>>> life of me get them into my new installation of Firefox and Tbird on
>>> the new C drive.
>>> I have tried "managing profiles document" but nothing seems do what I
>>> want to do.
>>> I know I must be missing something but if it's too much for me, can u
>>> suggest something that my son (of course) can do to help me.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ed

>> http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_profile.html
>>
>> See the links under the section "For creating, moving, and
>> transferring profiles see"
>>

> Thank you, I got it.
> Ed.

HTH