Velocity Reviews

-   -   More on Trojan found in Kaspersky Internet Suite 6 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t513393-more-on-trojan-found-in-kaspersky-internet-suite-6-a.html)

serracino 06-09-2007 09:38 PM

More on Trojan found in Kaspersky Internet Suite 6

My Xoftspy SE VERSION 4.31 is continously detecting "downloader
alphabet B Trojan" object in "software\microsoft\windows
\currentversion\run\avp". When disabling Kaspersky Internet Suite 6,
the trojan disappears, and returns at reboot, when Kaspersky runs.
The Kaspersky suite is an evaluation, trial version.

pcbutts1 06-09-2007 10:05 PM

Re: More on Trojan found in Kaspersky Internet Suite 6

False Positive.

news:1181425117.089417.301320@q69g2000hsb.googlegr oups.com...

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 06-09-2007 10:16 PM

serracino wrote:

> My Xoftspy SE VERSION 4.31 is continously detecting "downloader
> alphabet B Trojan" object in "software\microsoft\windows
> \currentversion\run\avp". When disabling Kaspersky Internet Suite 6,
> the trojan disappears, and returns at reboot, when Kaspersky runs.
> The Kaspersky suite is an evaluation, trial version.

Search this page for "Note on XoftSpy"

Perhaps they are returning to their old tricks. Use reputable software
instead.

--
-bts

streaming 06-09-2007 10:27 PM

Re: More on Trojan found in Kaspersky Internet Suite 6

"serracino" <pawludebono@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1181425117.089417.301320@q69g2000hsb.googlegr oups.com...
> My Xoftspy SE VERSION 4.31 is continously detecting "downloader
> alphabet B Trojan" object in "software\microsoft\windows
> \currentversion\run\avp". When disabling Kaspersky Internet Suite 6,
> the trojan disappears, and returns at reboot, when Kaspersky runs.
> The Kaspersky suite is an evaluation, trial version.

downloader alphabet B Trojan
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_98681.htm

It is well documented in all security notices.
It is an established trojan evolved from that old war horse - Sub7.
Kaspersky is a major name in security software, they did Not infect
your computer.
As you DL a trial version I would suspect at some point you were
unprotected and thats when you got infected with this common
backdoor Trojan.
Do an free online scan:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan

And this one is probably the best free online scanner:
http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?= 06-09-2007 10:54 PM

streaming wrote:
> "serracino" <pawludebono@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1181425117.089417.301320@q69g2000hsb.googlegr oups.com...
>
>>My Xoftspy SE VERSION 4.31 is continously detecting "downloader
>>alphabet B Trojan" object in "software\microsoft\windows
>>\currentversion\run\avp". When disabling Kaspersky Internet Suite 6,
>>the trojan disappears, and returns at reboot, when Kaspersky runs.
>>The Kaspersky suite is an evaluation, trial version.
>>

> downloader alphabet B Trojan
> http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_98681.htm
>
> It is well documented in all security notices.
> It is an established trojan evolved from that old war horse - Sub7.
> Kaspersky is a major name in security software, they did Not infect
> your computer.
> As you DL a trial version I would suspect at some point you were
> unprotected and thats when you got infected with this common
> backdoor Trojan.
> Do an free online scan:
> http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
> http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan
>
> And this one is probably the best free online scanner:
> http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

I'm a Kaspersky fan too, but they changed their online scanner to where
it only detects viruses, it does not remove them. I know how to go in
remove offending files but I wonder how many "average Joes" can use the
information.

Mara 06-10-2007 02:01 PM

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 18:54:06 -0400, Rgr <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote:

>streaming wrote:

<snip>
>> And this one is probably the best free online scanner:
>> http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

>I'm a Kaspersky fan too, but they changed their online scanner to where
>it only detects viruses, it does not remove them. I know how to go in
>remove offending files but I wonder how many "average Joes" can use the
>information.

If they can't, they can always download the 30-day trial there, (full) or go get
the free version (lite) from www.activevirusshield.com.

--
Naeser's Law: You can make it foolproof, but you can't make it damnfoolproof.