Velocity Reviews

-   -   Suggesions for ISP? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t512599-suggesions-for-isp.html)

Robert Baer 06-07-2007 12:50 AM

Suggesions for ISP?

Criteria:
1) Newsgroups must be a part of the basic package.
2) Must also include binariy NGs.
3) Must have web mail (that is my preferred way of handling e-mail).
4) The web-mail allows configuration to text-only (both directions) or
defaults to text mode.
5) Cost to be $15/month or less for dial-up.
6) *NO* damn ads, especially in the web-mail!!!!!
7) Alows me to use my own browser(s) as i see fit.

Dudley Pumperdinkel 06-07-2007 03:00 AM

Re: Suggesions for ISP?

Suggest you take a look at:
http://www.copper.net

9.95/mo Newsgroups/Community
Discussion Groups/Excellent Technical
Assistance..Their news is provided
by Slurp net..I have downloaded binary,
but never tried to post..Has good Web
Mail with good spam filters..Nothing
to lose..

news:ADI9i.14163$296.5945@newsread4.news.pas.earth link.net...

Robert Baer 06-07-2007 03:03 PM

Re: Suggesions for ISP?

Dudley Pumperdinkel wrote:
> Suggest you take a look at:
> http://www.copper.net
>
> 9.95/mo Newsgroups/Community
> Discussion Groups/Excellent Technical
> Assistance..Their news is provided
> by Slurp net..I have downloaded binary,
> but never tried to post..Has good Web
> Mail with good spam filters..Nothing
> to lose..
>

> "Robert Baer" <robertbaer@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:ADI9i.14163$296.5945@newsread4.news.pas.earth link.net...
>
>> Criteria:
>>1) Newsgroups must be a part of the basic package.
>>2) Must also include binariy NGs.
>>3) Must have web mail (that is my preferred way of handling e-mail).
>>4) The web-mail allows configuration to text-only (both directions) or
>>defaults to text mode.
>>5) Cost to be $15/month or less for dial-up.
>>6) *NO* damn ads, especially in the web-mail!!!!!
>>7) Alows me to use my own browser(s) as i see fit.

Thanks for the suggestion; will look at it and maybe even try it (in
parallel with what i have).