Velocity Reviews

-   -   which books for 70-270 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t51190-which-books-for-70-270-a.html)

Dave 11-19-2004 01:46 PM

which books for 70-270

Hi
I have the sybex 70-270 book but there are so many mistakes in it I am
losing confidence. Can anyone recommend any other good manuals for this
exam ?

Dave

Jerz 11-19-2004 02:08 PM

Re: which books for 70-270

Although I really didn't go through the book much because I have a good bit
of experience with XP & 2000, I used the MS press book which you can find on
Microsoft's website http://www.microsoft.com/learning

cheers!

Jerz

spamcram 11-19-2004 07:38 PM

Re: which books for 70-270

Yeah, I've found that the MS books tend to be a bit better...

Rob 11-20-2004 08:26 AM

which books for 70-270

Sorry to hear about you problems with the Windows XP
book. I don't know if you have a different version or
what, but I used this book to study for the 270 exam, and
took the MOC course and did not find any problems. If
you encounter a problem with their book I would suggest
sending them an e-mail about it. It did it when I used
thier CCNA book and they actually responded back with how
they were right and the referance for it. If you want to
change and try a different one I would also suggest the
MS Press books. Have used them for the MCSE exams as
well. Hope this helps.

Hikmer 11-20-2004 03:37 PM

which books for 70-270

I just passed this exam and used the MS press book and
the Exam Cram version 2 book. Make sure you brush up on
active directory group policies.

Good luck, its a hard exam.

Neil 11-20-2004 06:10 PM

Re: which books for 70-270

incase you missed it "Dave" <df@nospam.com> said in news:#M29f4jzEHA.3236
@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

> Hi
> I have the sybex 70-270 book but there are so many mistakes in it I am
> losing confidence. Can anyone recommend any other good manuals for

this
> exam ?
>
> Dave

what's wrong with the help files...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Doug Adams

Dave 11-24-2004 03:42 PM

Re: which books for 70-270

What is wrong with some of the self righteous toss**s on this group ? It
seems some on this group have nothing better to do than post snidey comments
rather than intelligent replies.

There's nothing wrong with the help files but guess what....I have a job and
a life and don't really have the time or inclination to study the help files
in great depth when there are plenty of books available. Help files actually
aren't that helpful are they ?
Thats why people write books, to collate relevant information in one place.
Obviously I know my stuff otherwise how would I spot errors in a book ???
My point was if I have spotted many errors I am concerned that I may miss
some on a subject I may not be so hot on.
So save the smart as* comments for someone that deserves them, like
braindumpers please.

news:Xns95A7861475108neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6...

Ken Briscoe 11-24-2004 04:25 PM

Re: which books for 70-270

In news:%23QuKBxj0EHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Dave <df@nospam.com> rambled:

> What is wrong with some of the self righteous toss**s on this group ?
> It seems some on this group have nothing better to do than post
> snidey comments rather than intelligent replies.
>
> There's nothing wrong with the help files but guess what....I have a
> job and a life and don't really have the time or inclination to study
> the help files in great depth when there are plenty of books
> available. Help files actually aren't that helpful are they ?
> Thats why people write books, to collate relevant information in one
> place. Obviously I know my stuff otherwise how would I spot errors in
> a book ??? My point was if I have spotted many errors I am concerned
> that I may miss some on a subject I may not be so hot on.
> So save the smart as* comments for someone that deserves them, like
> braindumpers please.

guess he told you, neil.

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere 11-24-2004 04:57 PM

Re: which books for 70-270

>What is wrong with some of the self righteous toss**s on this group ? It
>seems some on this group have nothing better to do than post snidey comments
>rather than intelligent replies.

Here's a couple of 'snidey comments' for you: -

technet & msdn

btw, the ms product documentation is excellent, and often contain
plenty of links to other resources, but I guess it's too much to ask
people to read the doc's these days.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Neil 11-24-2004 05:37 PM

Re: which books for 70-270

did you hear "Dave" <df@nospam.com> say in

> It
> seems some on this group have nothing better to do than post snidey
> comments rather than intelligent replies.

Dear Dave:
I'm so sorry you were offended by my suggestion to read and
perchance to use the product in question as a mechanism for learning said
product. While my recommendations are, as always, merely optional items,
I have found from previous expereince that most manufactures of software
do put a lot of useful information into the help files.
While many people do find that additional reading material benefit
the comprehension of the products and extend on what can be learned from
the help files, there was however one item that lead me to make the
suggestion I did. You mentioned in your original post that "I have the
sybex 70-270 book but there are so many mistakes in it". Since you are
dissatisfied with this product, I thought that pointing you to the source
(Microsoft) would be beneficial for you. It might also be helpful to
check the website for sybex to see if they have any updates for errors
and omissions to thier books. I would also recommend investigating other
internet sources such as Microsoft's website and Google's website.
Once again please do let me appologise for having offended you. It
is obvious that from the very formal and professional nature of this
esteemed group, you should have expected nothing less that a complete,
definitive answer to every question that you pose and that any one doing
less is merely the scrapings from the bottom of someones shoe. I have
obviosly failed you...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Doug Adams