Velocity Reviews

-   -   Real Player Plugin for Firefox (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t511702-real-player-plugin-for-firefox.html)

Sam 06-03-2007 07:30 PM

Real Player Plugin for Firefox

Whenever I am using Firefox 2.0.0.4 and I want to play a music
selection under "Music Sampler" on an Amazon page, I get the message,
"You do not seem to have the RealPlayer plug-in installed, which is
required to listen to these album samples. See our Help Department for
more information".

However, when I try the same thing using IE 7, the selection plays
immediately. So how do I get Firefox to do the same as IE? I can't
find any information in Amazon Help.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 06-03-2007 07:41 PM

Re: Real Player Plugin for Firefox

Sam <sammy@nospammy.com> wrote:

>Whenever I am using Firefox 2.0.0.4 and I want to play a music
>selection under "Music Sampler" on an Amazon page, I get the message,
>"You do not seem to have the RealPlayer plug-in installed, which is
>required to listen to these album samples. See our Help Department for
>more information".

>However, when I try the same thing using IE 7, the selection plays
>immediately. So how do I get Firefox to do the same as IE? I can't
>find any information in Amazon Help.

Firefox doesn't use AxtiveX, I figure IE uses activeX to play the
song.

You shouldn't allow activex to run - but there is a ActiveX plugin for
Firefox if you just have to.

http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/fir...tml#qa-npmozax

--

http://www.rav.efbnet.com/humour/ohshit-cat.jpg

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 06-03-2007 07:46 PM

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov wrote:

>You do not seem to have the RealPlayer plug-in installed,

Up a little from the link posted to "How do I install RealPlayer 10"

--

http://www.rav.efbnet.com/humour/ohshit-cat.jpg

Sam 06-03-2007 08:07 PM

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 12:46:58 -0700, Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov wrote:

> Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov wrote:
>
>>You do not seem to have the RealPlayer plug-in installed,

>Up a little from the link posted to "How do I install RealPlayer 10"

The plugins are there in the Firefox/plugins directory. There is
something wrong, I think, with the way the Amazon Music Sampler
accesses them. I have sent an email to Amazon asking about it.

Muse Groops 06-03-2007 09:17 PM

Sam wrote:
> Whenever I am using Firefox 2.0.0.4 and I want to play a music
> selection under "Music Sampler" on an Amazon page, I get the message,
> "You do not seem to have the RealPlayer plug-in installed, which is
> required to listen to these album samples. See our Help Department for
> more information".
>
> However, when I try the same thing using IE 7, the selection plays
> immediately. So how do I get Firefox to do the same as IE? I can't
> find any information in Amazon Help.

Ditch realplayer and get realalternative at http://www.free-codecs.com
Not a resource hog

--
Have an open mind:

http://www.shareintl.org

SgtMinor 06-03-2007 09:35 PM

Muse Groops wrote:

> Sam wrote:
>
>> Whenever I am using Firefox 2.0.0.4 and I want to play a music
>> selection under "Music Sampler" on an Amazon page, I get the message,
>> "You do not seem to have the RealPlayer plug-in installed, which is
>> required to listen to these album samples. See our Help Department for
>> more information".
>>
>> However, when I try the same thing using IE 7, the selection plays
>> immediately. So how do I get Firefox to do the same as IE? I can't
>> find any information in Amazon Help.

> Ditch realplayer and get realalternative at http://www.free-codecs.com
> Not a resource hog

Used to be that RealPlayer would not run Amazon music samples. Is it
able to do that now, and if so, what version number do we need?

Muse Groops 06-04-2007 03:59 AM

SgtMinor wrote:
> Muse Groops wrote:
>
>> Sam wrote:
>>
>>> Whenever I am using Firefox 2.0.0.4 and I want to play a music
>>> selection under "Music Sampler" on an Amazon page, I get the message,
>>> "You do not seem to have the RealPlayer plug-in installed, which is
>>> required to listen to these album samples. See our Help Department for
>>> more information".
>>>
>>> However, when I try the same thing using IE 7, the selection plays
>>> immediately. So how do I get Firefox to do the same as IE? I can't
>>> find any information in Amazon Help.

>> Ditch realplayer and get realalternative at http://www.free-codecs.com
>> Not a resource hog
>>

> Used to be that RealPlayer would not run Amazon music samples. Is it
> able to do that now, and if so, what version number do we need?

again

www.free-codecs.com

relplayer alternative also filehippo.com has it

--
Have an open mind:

http://www.shareintl.org

SgtMinor 06-04-2007 09:40 AM

Muse Groops wrote:
> SgtMinor wrote:
>
>> Muse Groops wrote:

>>> Ditch realplayer and get realalternative at http://www.free-codecs.com
>>> Not a resource hog
>>>

>> Used to be that RealPlayer would not run Amazon music samples. Is it
>> able to do that now, and if so, what version number do we need?

> again
>
> www.free-codecs.com
>
> relplayer alternative also filehippo.com has it

Again, used to be that RealPlayer would not run Amazon music samples.
Is it able to do that now, and if so, what version number do we need?

Sam 06-04-2007 01:16 PM

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 16:07:16 -0400, Sam <sammy@nospammy.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 12:46:58 -0700, Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov wrote:
>
>> Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov wrote:
>>
>>>You do not seem to have the RealPlayer plug-in installed,

>>Up a little from the link posted to "How do I install RealPlayer 10"

>The plugins are there in the Firefox/plugins directory. There is
>something wrong, I think, with the way the Amazon Music Sampler
>accesses them. I have sent an email to Amazon asking about it.

I got a reply from Amazon saying that they don't support Real Player
and that my trouble comes from the fact that Real Player is the
default player that I have set for FireFox (which was news to me).

I see many lines in about: config that reference various media
players. Anybody have an idea about which line I should change so
that Amazon Music Sampler will work? TIA.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 06-04-2007 06:37 PM

Re: Real Player Plugin for Firefox

Sam <sammy@nospammy.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 16:07:16 -0400, Sam <sammy@nospammy.com> wrote:

>>>Up a little from the link posted to "How do I install RealPlayer 10"

>>The plugins are there in the Firefox/plugins directory. There is
>>something wrong, I think, with the way the Amazon Music Sampler
>>accesses them. I have sent an email to Amazon asking about it.

>I got a reply from Amazon saying that they don't support Real Player
>and that my trouble comes from the fact that Real Player is the
>default player that I have set for FireFox (which was news to me).

>I see many lines in about: config that reference various media
>players. Anybody have an idea about which line I should change so
>that Amazon Music Sampler will work? TIA.

Got a link to the Music Sampler, or the music in question?

--

Quantum Physics Double Slit Experiment
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Q4_nl0ICao