Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wireless: Connected and Strong Signal, But No Internet (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t511302-wireless-connected-and-strong-signal-but-no-internet.html)

Bob and Shauna 06-01-2007 06:30 PM

Wireless: Connected and Strong Signal, But No Internet

When I connect to the internet via "local area connection" NVIDIA nForce
Networking Controller, everything works fine, I connect and IE7 runs fine,
as do all programs that need to connect to the internet.

When I connect via "Wireless Network Connection" Realtek RTL8187 Wireless
802.11g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter, may status is "connected" and my
signal strength is "Very Good", but I can not run IE7 nor anything that
needs to connect to the internet. The wireless shows me as "connected" but
it appears something is not working, nothing connects to the internet.

This is new, previously I have been able to connect.

Any suggestions?

thanks for your help, Bob

(As background, a couple of days ago I had installed Dragon Naturally
Speaking, but after the installation, the temporary files that were to have
been removed, after installation, could not be removed, it just hung there,
so I ignored it and rebooted. I then started having Windows Installer issues
in that I would have a pop-up looking for an installation area of something
related to the Dragon. My wireless connections started about this time. I
also had a few regular connection issues indicating limited or no
connectivity but that was corrected. Anyway the Windows Installer issue was
corrected.)

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 06-01-2007 09:25 PM

Re: Wireless: Connected and Strong Signal, But No Internet

Hi
May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).