Velocity Reviews

-   -   OT: Bush (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t51070-ot-bush.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Um90Vw==?= 11-04-2004 10:08 AM

OT: Bush

To those Americans who voted for George W Bush

I love America and many of the things it stands for, or at least STOOD for,
in the past - life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness to name but three:
but I am unable in my heart to reconcile these paradoxes: people who purport
to represent the Christian religion urging on and supporting a regime which
is pledged to continue a destructive conflict on what many believe to be the
wrong target, for the wrong reasons, led in the name of "democracy" by
someone who may not even have been – originally, at any rate, himself,
democratically elected. All done in the name of an organisation, the UN,
which did not want the action to be taken and which the US has frequently
moved to undermine in other arenas, eg its resolutions on Israel. I would
love to know how you square that particular circle. How did you come "to
trade the fiddle for the drum"?

Furthermore, I hope you realise that you have just voted for four more years
of neglect of the climate change issue, so you can carry on driving your gas
guzzling SUVs at 55p per gallon while the polar ice caps melt, four more
years of unresolved conflict between Israel and Palestine, four more years of
refusal to acknowledge international institutions such as the court of human
rights, and four more years of unrelenting (and militarily un-winnable) "war
on terror" and all that entails - from paranoia and lack of personal liberty
and freedom at home, to continued embroilment and body bags in Iraq (don’t
think it’s all going to cease magically in January, even if elections happen)
to new wars yet to come (if I lived in Iran right now I wouldn’t bother
watching "Changing Rooms" or buying any long-playing records).

I can see why some of you did it. You did it out of fear. You feel
threatened and intimidated, deep down, like all bullies with all your nukes
and cruise missiles and black hawks and assault weapons. Threatened by Osama
Bin Laden all because of 9/11 – which had nothing to do with Iraq, by the
way. But did you stop and think how come the old beardy-weirdy popped up on
your TV right on cue, on the eve of the elections? Yes, you have been had,
well and truly, outwitted by an elderly arthritic arab who needs Bush as much
as Bush needs him, to frighten you with a convenient bogey-man.

Well, I hope you are happy with four more years as a pariah, because that’s
what you have just signed up for.

To the rest of America, bad luck, you have my sympathies at once again
ending up with the Antichrist as head of state.

May God help us all.

Consultant 11-04-2004 11:57 AM

OT: Bush

agreed

wouldn?Tt bother
>watching "Changing Rooms" or buying any long-playing

records).

>I can see why some of you did it. You did it out of fear.

You feel
>threatened and intimidated, deep down, like all bullies

with all your nukes
>and cruise missiles and black hawks and assault weapons.

Threatened by Osama
>Bin Laden all because of 9/11 ?" which had nothing to do

with Iraq, by the
>way. But did you stop and think how come the old beardy-

weirdy popped up on
>your TV right on cue, on the eve of the elections? Yes,

you have been had,
>well and truly, outwitted by an elderly arthritic arab

who needs Bush as much
>as Bush needs him, to frighten you with a convenient

bogey-man.

>Well, I hope you are happy with four more years as a

pariah, because that?Ts

kpg 11-04-2004 02:11 PM

Re: Bush

I did it because the Demos think your rich unless you're on welfare.
I pay too much in taxes. The Govt is too big. W has also grown
the Govt, which I don't like, but the Demos campaign on it. If the
Demos want my vote (which they could get) the need to get a lot
more kinder to the middle class and business. Business, big or small,
is not evil incarnate. Where do they think the economy comes form?
Government? The Demos pray on peoples fears, not the Republicans.
Class envy, rich/poor, black/white - all they care about (on the national
level) is to gain power. Scary. The republicans (on the national level)
are trying to do what is right. Now locally, I come from Louisiana, all
we have around here are Democrats. My father was a Democrat, all
my neighbors are Democrats. We have conservative Democrats here,
the kind I would vote for nationally. Get back to me when the national
level Democrats stop pandering to wacko special interest groups and
get back to what is important and right for America.

--
kpg A+ MCP MCNGP 0x22
Who disturbs this class as a pebble disturbs a pond?

11-04-2004 02:18 PM

OT: Bush

Alas, a person who sees it like it is. Very well articulated!

Consultant 11-04-2004 02:51 PM

Re: Bush

no i dont, that was not i

agreed

Ben 11-04-2004 04:59 PM

Re: Bush

Oh come talk to me on Aim... DK072257

Ken Briscoe 11-04-2004 05:05 PM

Re: Bush

In news:Sdtid.23$yk5.6@fe37.usenetserver.com,
Ben <bharmon@fuse.net> rambled:

Man, you're really setting yourself up, aren't you, bharmon@fuse.net?

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

TechGeekPro 11-04-2004 05:39 PM

Re: OT: Bush

On Nov 4, 2004 at 5:08am "RotW" blathered:

> To the rest of America, bad luck, you have my sympathies at once again
> ending up with the Antichrist as head of state.

I hope you weren't expecting anyone to accept that diatribe as intelligent,
because you blew all your credibility with that ignorant comment.

--
TechGeekPro, MCNGP #36
MCNGP.com - We're here to help!

TechGeekPro 11-04-2004 05:40 PM

Re: Bush

On Nov 4, 2004 at 9:51am "Consultant" blathered:

> no i dont, that was not i

That had me worried. *whew*

kpg 11-04-2004 05:48 PM

Re: Bush

Believe this:

Don't believe anything you see on the internet.

kp "trust me" g