Velocity Reviews

-   -   OT: GWB's Politics (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t51067-ot-gwbs-politics.html)

Rowdy Yates 11-04-2004 04:50 AM

OT: GWB's Politics

snipped...

In New Term, Bush Faces Scarred Tech Landscape

"President Bush will face a vastly different technology economy in his
second term from the one he inherited four years ago, as one-quarter of all
U.S. tech jobs have been erased since the 2000 presidential election."

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/37839.html

lets hope it gets better, cause it will totally suck if it gets worse.

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://www.mcngp.com/

Ben 11-04-2004 05:14 AM

Re: GWB's Politics

You really are clueless arnt you Yates? Your kinda like the little old
ladies in church talking about how witches worship satin.

Guess you think Clinton made the IT world boom and Gore invented the
internet too.

Maybe you should take a couple economics classess... then political science
classes.

Catch this if your capable of doing so....

in the 90's Intel chips were doubling every two years, ms was just beginning
to get into the network arena and corporate profits were booming.

as the 90's came to an end so did the IT boom.... corporate profits were
falling off and hardware was becoming dirt cheap.
since corporate big wigs were becoming accustomed to their 20 million dollar
plus bonuses... they had to come up with a plan... Now it dont take any
freaking EINSTEINS to figure out if an American programmer makes $58 per
hour and some Indian is willing to do the same job for $10 an hour... there
was a bundle to be made there and then add in to the equation that you wont
have to pay medical, workman's comp and all the other little bells and
whistles an employer has to pay, now you are talking SUBSTANTIAL money!

The tax laws for out sourcing our jobs have been on the books since before
any Bush was in office..... so write your congressman and get them changed.

And think..... everytime you buy something here that isnt made here you just
reinforced why our jobs get out sourced. Either be part of the solution or
shut the hell up.

news:Xns9596F1C57D51Drowdyyates2124@207.46.248.16. ..

=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?= 11-04-2004 02:31 PM

Re: GWB's Politics

Ben wrote:
> You really are clueless arnt you Yates? Your kinda like the little old
> ladies in church talking about how witches worship satin.

Satin sheets to lie on
Satin pillows to cry on
Still I'm not happy don't you see
Big long Cadillacs, tailor maids upon my back
Still I want you to set me free

I've found another man
Who can give more than you can
Though you've given me everything that money can buy
But your money can't hold me tight
Like he does on a long long night
No, you didn't keep me satisfied

--
Fris "Gay {$1}" beeŽ, MCNGP #13

The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
http://www.mcngp.com

Certaholics

Grog in Ohio 11-04-2004 02:35 PM

Re: GWB's Politics

"Rowdy Yates" <rowdy_yates_mcngp.remove.yahoo.again.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9596F1C57D51Drowdyyates2124@207.46.248.16. ..
> snipped...
>
> lets hope it gets better, cause it will totally suck if it gets worse.
>

> --
> Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
> http://www.mcngp.com/
> "Shhhh... Do you smell that? I think is't Albanian Goat Smegma!"

I see nothing to indicate optimism. What's changed that will make it
better? Nada.

Grog

Jtyc 11-04-2004 03:37 PM

Re: GWB's Politics

> lets hope it gets better, cause it will totally suck if it gets worse.

Well, perhaps the field was doomed from the start. Ever since all those
made up Internet startups went under (as they should've), people have been
bitchin about this field.

I think some people need to grasp the concept that your future isn't as easy
as you thought it would be. Just remember, the top people in this field
never have a problem finding a job.

Brinson Gebblehoff 11-04-2004 05:03 PM

Re: GWB's Politics

> Just remember, the top people in this field
> never have a problem finding a job.

Urban myth.

TechGeekPro 11-04-2004 05:44 PM

Re: GWB's Politics

On Nov 4, 2004 at 10:37am "Jtyc" blathered:

> I think some people need to grasp the concept that your future isn't as
> easy as you thought it would be.

I know I sure have.

--
TechGeekPro, MCNGP #36
MCNGP.com - We're here to help!

Jtyc 11-04-2004 06:49 PM

Re: GWB's Politics

> Urban myth.

I know of several people in this field who haven't been out of work for more
than a week at a time.

Brinson Gebblehoff 11-04-2004 07:22 PM

Re: GWB's Politics

>> Urban myth.

> I know of several people in this field who haven't been out of work for
> more
> than a week at a time.

Come to Florida and I will show you an entirely different and sad story in
the field of information technology.

Doom 11-04-2004 07:48 PM

Re: GWB's Politics

> Come to Florida and I will show you an entirely different and sad story in
> the field of information technology.

I agree with Jtyc. In any field, not just IT, talented people are able to
find work regardless of market conditions.