Velocity Reviews

-   -   Please Help. Having trouble getting a game to play. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t510503-please-help-having-trouble-getting-a-game-to-play.html)

ZeroPanic 05-30-2007 05:20 AM

Please Help. Having trouble getting a game to play.

Hello,
Recently my computer had picked up a Trojan, unfortunately I found out a
little too late as system files had to begun to "not be found". I had to
reformat the hard drive and reinstall everything. Now I am having a very
difficult time getting a game to start up. I get what appears to be a
..exe error every time I try to play. 1st the screen goes black, then I
get this "send error msg to Microsoft" pop up window.

MinionsOfMirth.exe
Error Signature
AppName:MinionsOfMirth.exe AppVer:0.0.0.0 ModName:Nvoglnt.dll
ModVer: 6.14.10.9371 Offset:00019060

I have no idea what this error message means nor how to fix it. The game
ran fine before the pc was reformatted. its a mid graphics MMORPG, not
very demanding on the system.
I reinstalled all the drivers, and updated everything.
any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

WinXP Pro w sp2
AMD 1.33ghz cpu
256mb DDR
DirectX 9c
pny Gforce 6200 256mb

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 05-30-2007 05:48 AM

Re: Please Help. Having trouble getting a game to play.

ZeroPanic <not@forbots.org> wrote:

>MinionsOfMirth.exe
>Error Signature
>AppName:MinionsOfMirth.exe AppVer:0.0.0.0 ModName:Nvoglnt.dll
>ModVer: 6.14.10.9371 Offset:00019060
>
>I have no idea what this error message means nor how to fix it.

"The NVOGLNT.DLL file is one of the driver files used by nVidia for
OpenGL support. If the game in question supports DirectX, switching to
that may resolve the problem."
http://help.lockergnome.com/general/...pict47577.html

also

Start | Run <type in>
DXDIAG
<enter>
(runs the DirectX diag)

Run the test and see what it has to say.
--

A Meltdown? One of those annoying buzzwords.
We prefer to think of it as an unrequested fission

Sam_F7 05-30-2007 06:43 AM

"ZeroPanic" <not@forbots.org> wrote in message
news:Xns9940D8877847ZoloftOverdose@216.196.97.142. ..
> Hello,
> Recently my computer had picked up a Trojan, unfortunately I found out a
> little too late as system files had to begun to "not be found". I had to
> reformat the hard drive and reinstall everything. Now I am having a very
> difficult time getting a game to start up. I get what appears to be a
> .exe error every time I try to play. 1st the screen goes black, then I
> get this "send error msg to Microsoft" pop up window.
>
> MinionsOfMirth.exe
> Error Signature
> AppName:MinionsOfMirth.exe AppVer:0.0.0.0 ModName:Nvoglnt.dll
> ModVer: 6.14.10.9371 Offset:00019060
>
> I have no idea what this error message means nor how to fix it. The game
> ran fine before the pc was reformatted. its a mid graphics MMORPG, not
> very demanding on the system.
> I reinstalled all the drivers, and updated everything.
> any help is greatly appreciated.
> Thank you.
>
> WinXP Pro w sp2
> AMD 1.33ghz cpu
> 256mb DDR
> DirectX 9c
> pny Gforce 6200 256mb

Did you remember to re-install DirectX? Sometimes I've forgotten to install
that after a fresh re-install.
SamF7

Plato 05-31-2007 05:40 AM

ZeroPanic wrote:

> Recently my computer had picked up a Trojan, unfortunately I found out a

TRy:
http://www.a-2.org/en/software/free/

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/