Velocity Reviews

-   -   Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t5096-internet-connection-sharing-ics.html)

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlQmx1ZVNreQ==?= 12-05-2004 05:05 AM

Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)

Hi all,

I made a small home network using two Bluetooth (1.1) USB (1.1) Adapters
connected to the two PC's I have at home. Everything went fine (i.e. the file
sharing and stuff), now I want to connect to the internet using ICS feature
in Windows XP.

I connect to the internet using DSL connection through DSL modem conneted to
the PC that runs Windows XP Home Edition with SP2 (the other PC runs Windows
Xp Pro with SP2). To setup ICS I used Network Setup Wizard; but I, still, can
not share the connection, even more; when I tryed to do it manually; I could
not find the option for ICS in the advansed tab of the properties of my DSL
connection (i.e. right click "Start > Control Panel > Network Connections >
My DSL Connection" then Properties > Advanced)?!!!

Is ther is something wrong I did? Or I missed something I have to do?

Please help, and thanks in advance.

Bill Crocker 12-05-2004 05:27 PM

Re: Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)

Click here;
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/

Bill Crocker

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlQmx1ZVNreQ==?= 12-06-2004 04:55 AM

Re: Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)

Thank you Mr. Bill Crocker for your help.

I refered to the URL you provided... It has very useful and easy to follow
information, although it could not help me too mutch.

The reason why it could not help is when I read to the step that says:
"Click the Advanced tab, then check Allow other network users to connect
through this computer's Internet connection." on
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...rverdialup.htm I stop;
because there are no option like that on my dial-up (DSL) connection
properties to check, there is only the Intenet Connection Firewall option and
nothing else!!! And here where my problem lies.

My question is: why this option is not displayed on the advanced properties
of my DSL connection?!!! Do I have to install something or make some
configurations that I missed?

Any comments and further help, please.

Thanks in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?TmVpbA==?= 12-16-2004 05:25 PM

Re: Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)

Go to control panel, Add Remove programs, Add remove windows components,
Highlight Networking services, click details. Make sure that "Inernet
Gateway Device Discovery and Control Client" is checked.

Neil

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlQmx1ZVNreQ==?= 12-17-2004 04:23 AM

Re: Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)

Thanks "Neil" for posting...

Unfortunately it is already checked :(

I do not no why there is no ICS option for my connection, there is nothing I
found in MS website, Windows help or the whole net that could be helpful!!!
Where can I find someone may help?!!! This is MS support pages and no one can
guide me to solve this problem!!!

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlQmx1ZVNreQ==?= 12-17-2004 04:27 AM

Re: Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)

Thanks "Neil" for posting,

Unfortunately it is already checked.

I do not know why there is no ICS option for my connection!!! I searched MS
website, Windows help and the whole net to find any thing that may help; but
I found nothing!!! This is MS support page and I could not find support, so,
where can I go to find such support?!!!

=?Utf-8?B?R2FyeVNoZWZm?= 03-16-2005 08:11 PM

Re: Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)

I've got the same problem did you ever find a solution?

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlQmx1ZVNreQ==?= 03-17-2005 04:11 AM

Re: Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)

Unfortunately no...

arshad 06-20-2008 12:40 PM

Hi

I had the same problem with the no ICS option.

I've accidentally got it working. Give this a try.

If you have 2 network connections the one will be your internet connection and the other for your LAN connection.

Disable your LAN connection

and keep your internet connection enabled

Try to enable your LAN connection. Check to see if the ICS option is available at Internet Connection. It looks like Windows only allows the ICS option if you have another connection enabled to share it with.

Hope this helps.

SnipErlite 09-27-2008 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arshad
Hi

I had the same problem with the no ICS option.

I've accidentally got it working. Give this a try.

If you have 2 network connections the one will be your internet connection and the other for your LAN connection.

Disable your LAN connection

and keep your internet connection enabled

Try to enable your LAN connection. Check to see if the ICS option is available at Internet Connection. It looks like Windows only allows the ICS option if you have another connection enabled to share it with.

Hope this helps.

ARSHAD YOU ARE A GENUIS AND SAVIOUR

Thanks man, solved my problem perfectly and now it all works fine

:D