Velocity Reviews

-   -   Adobe reader 7 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t508457-adobe-reader-7-a.html)

Tab 05-22-2007 07:16 PM

Adobe reader 7

I have this on my PC and it will not open files that I know are on Cd.I have
tried updating Reader 7 but at the installation stage I get a message
Error1402 Could not open key, and it gives a registry key and asks me to
verify if I have access to that key.I am not keen to go into Registry and I
am not sure if I would know what to do if I did find the key.I would
uninstall Reader and reinstall but there is not a Remove box in Add/Remove
an no uninstall in all programs list.My system is Win xp fully updated.
Is there any way I can get Reader 7 off my PC? please.I would appreciate any
help with this.

why? 05-22-2007 08:46 PM

Re: Adobe reader 7

On Tue, 22 May 2007 20:16:18 +0100, Tab wrote:

>I have this on my PC and it will not open files that I know are on Cd.I have
>tried updating Reader 7 but at the installation stage I get a message
>Error1402 Could not open key, and it gives a registry key and asks me to
>verify if I have access to that key.I am not keen to go into Registry and I

Looking isn't so much of an issue.

>am not sure if I would know what to do if I did find the key.I would
>uninstall Reader and reinstall but there is not a Remove box in Add/Remove
>an no uninstall in all programs list.My system is Win xp fully updated.
>Is there any way I can get Reader 7 off my PC? please.I would appreciate any
>help with this.

www.google.com
Results 1 - 10 of about 21,600 for
uninstall adobe reader 7 Error 1402
.. (0.15 seconds)

or any FAQ, guide, support notes from the vendor www.adobe.com and the
forums www.adobeforums.com

Adobe Forums - Uninstalling Adobe Reader 7
I wish to uninstall Reader 7 in order to get a fresh install of Adobe
Reader, version 8. However, when I go to "Add or remove programs" in the
Control panel ...
www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc33d7e - 62k - Cached - Similar
pages

Me

Tab 05-23-2007 05:42 PM

Re: Adobe reader 7

> On Tue, 22 May 2007 20:16:18 +0100, Tab wrote:
>
>>I have this on my PC and it will not open files that I know are on Cd.I
>>have
>>tried updating Reader 7 but at the installation stage I get a message
>>Error1402 Could not open key, and it gives a registry key and asks me to
>>verify if I have access to that key.I am not keen to go into Registry and

> Looking isn't so much of an issue.
>
>>am not sure if I would know what to do if I did find the key.I would
>>uninstall Reader and reinstall but there is not a Remove box in Add/Remove
>>an no uninstall in all programs list.My system is Win xp fully updated.
>>Is there any way I can get Reader 7 off my PC? please.I would appreciate
>>any
>>help with this.

> www.google.com
> Results 1 - 10 of about 21,600 for
> uninstall adobe reader 7 Error 1402
> . (0.15 seconds)
>

> or any FAQ, guide, support notes from the vendor www.adobe.com and the
> forums www.adobeforums.com
>
> Adobe Forums - Uninstalling Adobe Reader 7
> I wish to uninstall Reader 7 in order to get a fresh install of Adobe
> Reader, version 8. However, when I go to "Add or remove programs" in the
> Control panel ...
> www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc33d7e - 62k - Cached - Similar
> pages
>

> Me

Thanks Me Problem solved.Can I borrow your stopwatch? ;-)