Velocity Reviews

-   -   setting up office on xp professional? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t507735-setting-up-office-on-xp-professional.html)

=?Utf-8?B?am8yMg==?= 05-19-2007 04:03 PM

setting up office on xp professional?

I have windows xp professional and have just re-installed windows xp, as i
was havings problems with my computer. I have managed to re-install windows
xp, but i do not know how to install the office functions. I have tried all
the add/remove windows components etc. but i still cannot install microsoft
office. I am correct in that xp professional include the office functions?
as before i installed windows myself, i had all the office functions and they
all worked correctly. Please can you tell me now to install office, from my
windows xp professional disk? as i really have no idea, and really need to
use microsoft word! Thank you

Sam Crawford 05-19-2007 04:48 PM

Re: setting up office on xp professional?

On 19-May-2007, =?Utf-8?B?am8yMg==?= <jo22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Please can you tell me now to install office, from my
> windows xp professional disk? as i really have no idea, and really need to
>
> use microsoft word!

There is a seperate disk for 'Office". You need to find it and install it.

If you don't have Microsoft Office, you can go to www.openoffice.org and
download OpenOffice. It is a reasonable alternative to the Microsoft
product and is free.

Colin Barnhorst 05-19-2007 05:17 PM

Re: setting up office on xp professional?

Office is not on your XP Professional disk. Office is a separate product
and is purchased separately from XP. If Office came preinstalled on your
computer or someone put Office on your computer for you, you will need to
contact whoever it was to get your installation of Office replaced. If you
purchased Office yourself, then, as Sam says, you need to find the cd and
product key and reinstall it.

Note: This is the 64bit Windows newsgroup. It is not an XP newsgroup. We
don't mind helping, but if you have further XP issues you may get better
help in one of the XP groups like microsoft.public.windowsxp.general