Velocity Reviews

-   -   time of tests (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t50758-time-of-tests.html)

Ken Bishop 09-20-2004 06:28 PM

time of tests

My memory may fail me but it seems like when I took my
MCSE 2000 exams a year ago, we had between 150 - 180 min
for tests, I just signed up for my 292& 296 tests and it
said 140 min and 150 min for 296. That is a pretty tight
time for 50-55 questions? Is this new?

Jeff Cochran 09-20-2004 07:05 PM

Re: time of tests

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:28:47 -0700, "Ken Bishop"

>My memory may fail me but it seems like when I took my
>MCSE 2000 exams a year ago, we had between 150 - 180 min
>for tests, I just signed up for my 292& 296 tests and it
>said 140 min and 150 min for 296. That is a pretty tight
>time for 50-55 questions? Is this new?

Not really. The longer exams, with 110 questions, have a longer time
allotted, but in general, the time is set for the test to be taken.
You should finish within the time with little trouble if you know the
subject matter.

Jeff

09-20-2004 07:30 PM

time of tests

OK so you have approx 150 minutes for approx 50
questions. That gives you 3 minutes per question. If you
need 3 minutes each question, you don't know the answer
anyways so just guess. 3 minutes is plenty of time, I
finish most exams in about 1/2 the time allowed to me.
(except Office exams...those go down to the end of the
timer since it is interactive and you have about 1 minute
per skill)

Neil 09-20-2004 09:00 PM

Re: time of tests

babbling on and on again "Ken Bishop" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
spewed in news:008001c49f3f$ab343d20$a601280a@phx.gbl:

> My memory may fail me but it seems like when I took my
> MCSE 2000 exams a year ago, we had between 150 - 180 min
> for tests, I just signed up for my 292& 296 tests and it
> said 140 min and 150 min for 296. That is a pretty tight
> time for 50-55 questions? Is this new?

if you can't do it in half the time, more time wouldn't have helped...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Laura A. Robinson 09-21-2004 05:21 AM

Re: time of tests

circa Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:28:47 -0700, in
microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Ken Bishop
(anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com) said,
> My memory may fail me but it seems like when I took my
> MCSE 2000 exams a year ago, we had between 150 - 180 min
> for tests, I just signed up for my 292& 296 tests and it
> said 140 min and 150 min for 296. That is a pretty tight
> time for 50-55 questions? Is this new?

Nope.

Laura
-Oscar Wilde

Rowdy Yates 09-21-2004 03:23 PM

Re: time of tests

Neil <neilmcse@nospamforyou.com> wrote in
news:Xns956AAD0D7B2CFneilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16:

> babbling on and on again "Ken Bishop"
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> spewed in
>
>> My memory may fail me but it seems like when I took my
>> MCSE 2000 exams a year ago, we had between 150 - 180 min
>> for tests, I just signed up for my 292& 296 tests and it
>> said 140 min and 150 min for 296. That is a pretty tight
>> time for 50-55 questions? Is this new?

> if you can't do it in half the time, more time wouldn't have helped...

LOL

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/