Velocity Reviews

-   -   is google groups posting to usenet down? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t507144-is-google-groups-posting-to-usenet-down.html)

jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk 05-17-2007 05:55 AM

john sumner 05-17-2007 11:52 AM

Re: is google groups posting to usenet down?

"jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk" <jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in
news:1179381302.731424.183670@o5g2000hsb.googlegro ups.com:

> is google groups posting to usenet down?

That if it is true would be so wonderful, would force those dumbass people
to get a real ISP and get a real news reader .

Whiskers 05-17-2007 12:51 PM

On 2007-05-17, john sumner <josumner1964NOSPAM@cs.com> wrote:
> "jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk" <jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in
> news:1179381302.731424.183670@o5g2000hsb.googlegro ups.com:
>
>> is google groups posting to usenet down?
>>

> That if it is true would be so wonderful, would force those dumbass people
> to get a real ISP and get a real news reader .

I suspect there's just a lag between posts being made from Google and
those posts actually appearing in the Google web pages. Recently there has
been very little lag, I understand, but in the past it could take hours
even if Google posts were being propagated to usenet almost instantly.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Evan Platt 05-17-2007 01:21 PM

Re: is google groups posting to usenet down?

On 16 May 2007 22:55:02 -0700, "jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk"
<jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>is google groups posting to usenet down?

Uhhh yes, it is.

Frosty 05-17-2007 02:13 PM

Re: is google groups posting to usenet down?

On 16 May 2007 22:55:02 -0700 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
"jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk" <jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk>, intended to
write something intelligible, but instead wrote :

>is google groups posting to usenet down?

We can but hope.

Blinky the Shark 05-17-2007 05:59 PM

Re: is google groups posting to usenet down?

jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> is google groups posting to usenet down?

Must be. I can't see your post...

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

sittingduck 05-17-2007 08:21 PM

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Must be. I can't see your post...

> Killing all posts from Google Groups

You realize that you replied directly to a google post?

Blinky the Shark 05-18-2007 02:40 AM

sittingduck wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>
>> Must be. I can't see your post...

>> Killing all posts from Google Groups

> You realize that you replied directly to a google post?

Of course. That's why I said "your". Otherwise, I would have said
"his" or "her" or "its".

No conflict. I *do* kill them all, as promised. All. But I can easily
override that on a per-post basis when I feel like making a bit of fun
with one having seen it quoted by someone else, as I did above. That
(backing up to the parent article) only takes two keystrokes. I only do
that to respond very rarely -- and never with help.

sittingduck 05-18-2007 03:58 AM

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Of course. That's why I said "your". Otherwise, I would have said
> "his" or "her" or "its".
>
> No conflict. I *do* kill them all, as promised. All. But I can easily
> override that on a per-post basis when I feel like making a bit of fun
> with one having seen it quoted by someone else, as I did above. That
> (backing up to the parent article) only takes two keystrokes. I only do
> that to respond very rarely -- and never with help.

So you are saying you pulled an AC, and only read the header? <G>

I didn't see any posts but yours and the googlers at first, (get parent from
your post) but upon reconstructing the thread just now, I see some replies
above yours. So I will assume you jumped up the thread from the replies. :)

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 05-18-2007 04:41 AM

sittingduck <you.love.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote:

>Blinky the Shark wrote:

>> Must be. I can't see your post...

>> Killing all posts from Google Groups

>You realize that you replied directly to a google post?

Can't believe he replied to a GGer. :)

--
Psychologist offers advice on surviving a vicious Internet ass-kicking
http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comm...IDLink=2810621