Velocity Reviews

-   -   help with HTML email (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t507067-help-with-html-email.html)

GEO 05-16-2007 09:21 PM

help with HTML email

I've uploaded an mp3 and a jpg to fileden.com. I want to send an email where
the recipient can click a link (eg. CLICK HERE) and go to the fileden.com
page with the mp3. I want the jpg to show up in the email without having to
click anything. I'm using this format for the mp3:

<a
href="http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/14/643252/My%20Documents/Moagi/Joe%20Cocker%20-%20You%20Are%20So%20Beautiful%20To%20Me64.mp3">Joe
Cocker - You Are So Beautiful To Me64.mp3</a>

Yes, I'm using Rich Text in Outlook and I've tried Yahoo email with HTML. It
always shows up unformatted, exactly like above. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.

D. 05-17-2007 02:46 AM

Re: help with HTML email

"GEO" <no@none.com> wrote in news:gBK2i.7440$vu2.1868@trndny01:

> I've uploaded an mp3 and a jpg to fileden.com. I want to send an email
> where the recipient can click a link (eg. CLICK HERE) and go to the
> fileden.com page with the mp3. I want the jpg to show up in the email
> without having to click anything.

Hmmm, if the user doesn't 'click' the ON button on their
PC, how will the JPEG show up?

> Yes, I'm using Rich Text in Outlook and I've tried Yahoo email with
> HTML. It always shows up unformatted, exactly like above. What am I
> doing wrong?

You are trying to force your desires onto people who
may not wish to view your JPEG, or listen to your MP3.

No matter whether you send 'properly formatted HTML email'
(I think that's almost an oxymoron) or not, anyone who
reads that email with a proper email client (i.e. not
Outlook) that allows reading emails in plain text won't
see your JPEG anyway, no matter what you do. Do you
realize that you are trying to do something that more
and more people don't want (i.e. to receive emails
that contain potential vectors for malware).

Create a webpage that hosts your JPEG. Add the ability
to play the MP3 if the page visitor wants to hear it.
Do not try and make the MP3 play automatically when the
page loads. Send your email with a link to the webpage.