Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cannot see workgoup (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t507057-cannot-see-workgoup.html)

havedampton@gmail.com 05-16-2007 08:50 PM

Cannot see workgoup

I have a wired/wireless network with two computers: a desktop
(computer A) and a laptop (computer B).

Computer A cannot see the workgroup. I get a message like:

"Workgroup Name" is not accessible. You may not have permission to use
this network resource.

I can ping A from B successfully, but I cannot ping B from A
successfully. (I've never ran into this kind of situation before.
Usually if one computer can ping another, then the reverse is also
true.)

Both are running xp. I'm using a Netgear wireless router.

Any suggestions?

Robert L [MVP - Networking] 05-17-2007 04:09 AM

Re: Cannot see workgoup

I would check the firewall first. or this troubleshooting may help,

Access issues"computername is not accessible. No permission to access the resources" ... Message: "....is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/accesserrors.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE